PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for visit to VA Bch/Williamsburg areas

VetteMed
05-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Hey guys, my wife and I are going to be visiting Williamsburg and VA Beach in July, still checking out options for hotels, and things to do, if anyone has suggestions of hotels or areas to consider or to avoid, I'd appreciate it! We're looking at possibly moving to the area after she finishes school, if we like it during our visit.

Thanks!
Andrew

QB93Z
05-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi Andrew. Even though there are a few ZR-1 owners in the Tidewater area, none of them have been very active on this Forum. I lived in VA Beach about 20 years ago and worked at the Navy Base Command complex. There is ( or was, I haven't been back for a while) a nice restored and developed waterfront area in Norfolk. One of the main attractions is Nauticus, an aquairum and museum.

A Harbor Tour by boat is a sight seeing must. You get to see the assembled US Navy forces and if you look close you may see a submarine.

:saluting:

There are lots of places to stay as I am sure you have found out. If you can work a visit to the DC area into your schedule, let me know, WAZOO will be honored to show you around.

One of my favorite places to eat was The Grate Steak. There is a large grill in the center of the restaurant and you cook your own steak while your server takes care of everything else. Very relaxing atmosphere and the beer was cold.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g58026-d418531-Reviews-Grate_Steak-Norfolk_Virginia.html

Have fun,

Jim