PDA

View Full Version : REPOST: NE Region Get Together July 9 @ Lime Rock

Mystic ZR-1
05-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Who's tentatively in?
It's not that far away...
I've got several commitments already, including a ZR-1 Callaway LM!
Remember, tickets for the Corral (car & driver) must purchased prior to the event, by phone or the Lime Rock website, see links below. I'm still working on the ZR-1 only on-track parade lap and should know soon.
Thanks,
Doug

ZR-1 Net Registry Northeast get together: Saturday, July 9, 2011 @ American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park. Lime Rock,Connecticut

Lime Rock is sort of centrally located in the Northeast and will make a great place for a ZR-1 get together, of course all ZR-1s from everywhere are more than welcome and encouraged to attend. All the "hard work" is already done by the good folks who run the "Corvette Corral" (not to mention the great goody bag they hand out) all we have to do is show up and watch the C6Rs kick some butt and show off to the rest of the Corvette (and Porsche etc.) world why the ZR-1 is so special and is the most unique Corvette ever built. If the rest of the world doesn't understand or agree, it's their loss...
Note: this ZR-1 get together is not put on or run by the "Corvette Corral", (but it has been sanctioned by the ZR-1 Net Registry) we'll just be attending and having our own get together @ their event .
Tickets for the Corral (car & driver) must purchased prior to the event, by phone or the Lime Rock website, see below. Tickets for your lucky passenger may be purchased ahead of time or @ the the gate on the day of the event. Bring a folding chair and a cooler!

We're trying to set up a ZR-1 only parade lap of the track (seperate from parade lap mentioned below) stay tuned for updates

info: Doug, aka: Mystic ZR-1 @ dmarshall2003@comcast.net (dmarshall2003@comcast.net)

Lime Rock again offers the fun and camaraderie of Porsche and Corvette Car Corrals as part of the ALMS Northeast Grand Prix event. Corrals include guaranteed infield parking as well as a parade lap! Parade laps are offered on Saturday to the first 50 cars that arrive at the track from each make. Note: CAR CORRAL TICKETS ARE NOT SOLD ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT, ONLY BY ADVANCE PURCHASE. Includes admission to Lime Rock Park.

http://tickets.limerock.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=9 (http://tickets.limerock.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=9)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=60+white+holl ow+road+lakeville+ct+06039&sll=37.926868,-95.712891&sspn=51.997554,113.994141&ie=UTF8&hq=&hn ear=60+White+Hollow+Rd,+Lakeville,+Litchfield,+Con necticut+06039&ll=41.929501,-73.387578&spn=0.012164,0.027831&t=h&z=16 (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=60+white+hollow+road+lakeville+ct+06039&sll=37.926868,-95.712891&sspn=51.997554,113.994141&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=60+White+Hollow+Rd,+Lakeville,+Litchfield,+C onnecticut+06039&ll=41.929501,-73.387578&spn=0.012164,0.027831&t=h&z=16)

American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix Car Corrals

http://tickets.limerock.com/uplimage/Car_Corrals_ALMS.jpgPARADE LAP FOR THE FIRST 50 CORVETTES THAT ARRIVE AT THE TRACK!

Note: last year the parade lap was " full" before 7:30am...

Advance Price: $75
Gate Price (7/1-7/9): $90

ADVANCE SALES END AT 5:00PM ON 1 JULY. AFTER 5:00PM GATE PRICING APPLIES.

Children 12 & under are admitted free.
Event occurs rain or shine.
No refunds or exchanges are permitted.

tomtom72
05-11-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm "IN" as I have my tickets. I will be there!:mrgreen:

QB93Z
06-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi Doug,

I am looking forward to this event! My wife and I are planning to drive up on Friday and then, after the event, travel north for a tour of Canada.

Should I buy tickets for the Weekend Corvette Corral or just the Saturday Corvette Corral?

Is there anyone that will be staying in a motel in the Lime Rock area that can recommend a location?

Thanks,

Jim Voter
443-244-1347

jrd1990zr1
06-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Doug,

I'll be there.

Hope to get there real early for the track lap. Are we going to meet and cruise in as a ZR1 group???

John

tomtom72
06-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Capt. I'll fwd your inquiry to Scott & Lou from CT to see if they have any local knowledge to share with you on this matter.

Oh, did I mention that I'll be there as I have my tickets already!:mrgreen:

:cheers:
Tom

http://tickets.limerock.com/default.asp?SearchText=Corvette+Corral&Go=Go in the mean time here is a link to LRP , maybe they can assist? Worth a call?

Mystic ZR-1
06-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Jim,
There's not a lot of motels/hotels real close to Lime Rock because it's in the "middle of nowhere"... (I'm sure there's no shorepower available either, so plan on staying crit or running the diesel...) I suggest you check out the Lime Rock website under Info, Plan Your Visit, for accomodations that are closest. There's some B&Bs in the area, but they're $$$$. I live <2 hrs away, so I've never stayed locally and have little knowledge on the subject.
The tentative plan is for Saturday, race day (no racing on Sunday), for the get-together, but the Corral is up and running on Friday too, for which you'll need a weekend ticket. The traffic usually isn't too bad going into the track, especially real early. It'll probably back up some on White Hollow Rd, the 2 lane back country road leading to the in-field. I left a message on your VM, give me a call if you get a chance.
Doug

wprice
06-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi Doug,

I will be there. I already have my tickets..

Wayne

louispf
06-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Doug, I'm in. Tom & you got through to me. Ordered my passes today.

Tom, looks like we are tearing up that Rt. 7 corridor to Lime Rock one more time. Hope we can get that A/C going.

Jim, left you a voice mail. Thought maybe if you spend Friday night in Norwalk, Ct. we can grab dinner & drive up with Tom, myself & who ever else we find on the way up & drag along with us Sat. AM.

Lou

Drive the USA in a Chevrolet :Eagle:

tomtom72
06-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Lou,

Okay, Sunday was good until I realized that it is Father's Day. I have to check with the family to see if anything is going down. If not I'll be at your house Sunday morning so we can start on your car.

I'm going to go over to my garage to do some test fitting of what size the fittings are on the A/C lines so I bring the correct sizes with me. You can do some testing on the lines you have & let me know also. I can't think of anything else so if you do let me know.....it's a long walk back to my tool box.;)

Hey, should I bring my big jack so we can get the car up higher than with your jack? I think I will throw it in the trunk just in case. It has almost 18" of height.

Oh, forgot this. I'm down with meeting at your house the day of the race & doing a caravan to Lime Rock. I'm even in on doing anything before like a dinner get together.

:cheers:
Tom

QB93Z
06-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Lou and Tom,

Thanks for the kind offers and info. I am still trying to finalize my plans for our trip. My wife and I may stay as close as we can to Lime Rock. I will get in touch as soon as I have firmer plans.

Thanks again.

Jim

Mystic ZR-1
06-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Advance sales ends July 1st, that's this Friday.
Wow... it's July already, seems like I used the snowblower just last week...

ZR-1 Net Registry Northeast get together: Saturday, July 9, 2011 @ American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park. Lime Rock,Connecticut

Lime Rock is sort of centrally located in the Northeast and will make a great place for a ZR-1 get together, of course all ZR-1s from everywhere are more than welcome and encouraged to attend. All the "hard work" is already done by the good folks who run the "Corvette Corral" (not to mention the great goody bag they hand out) all we have to do is show up and watch the C6Rs kick some butt and show off to the rest of the Corvette (and Porsche etc.) world why the ZR-1 is so special and is the most unique Corvette ever built. If the rest of the world doesn't understand or agree, it's their loss...
Note: this ZR-1 get together is not put on or run by the "Corvette Corral", (but it has been sanctioned by the ZR-1 Net Registry) we'll just be attending and having our own get together @ their event .
Tickets for the Corral (car & driver) must purchased prior to the event, by phone or the Lime Rock website, see below. Tickets for your lucky passenger may be purchased ahead of time or @ the the gate on the day of the event. Bring a folding chair and a cooler!

We're trying to set up a ZR-1 only parade lap of the track (seperate from parade lap mentioned below) stay tuned for updates

info: Doug, aka: Mystic ZR-1 @ dmarshall2003@comcast.net (dmarshall2003@comcast.net)

Lime Rock again offers the fun and camaraderie of Porsche and Corvette Car Corrals as part of the ALMS Northeast Grand Prix event. Corrals include guaranteed infield parking as well as a parade lap! Parade laps are offered on Saturday to the first 50 cars that arrive at the track from each make. Note: CAR CORRAL TICKETS ARE NOT SOLD ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT, ONLY BY ADVANCE PURCHASE. Includes admission to Lime Rock Park.

http://tickets.limerock.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=9 (http://tickets.limerock.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=9)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=60+white+holl ow+road+lakeville+ct+06039&sll=37.926868,-95.712891&sspn=51.997554,113.994141&ie=UTF8&hq=&hn ear=60+White+Hollow+Rd,+Lakeville,+Litchfield,+Con necticut+06039&ll=41.929501,-73.387578&spn=0.012164,0.027831&t=h&z=16 (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=60+white+hollow+road+lakeville+ct+06039&sll=37.926868,-95.712891&sspn=51.997554,113.994141&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=60+White+Hollow+Rd,+Lakeville,+Litchfield,+C onnecticut+06039&ll=41.929501,-73.387578&spn=0.012164,0.027831&t=h&z=16)

American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix Car Corrals

http://tickets.limerock.com/uplimage/Car_Corrals_ALMS.jpgPARADE LAP FOR THE FIRST 50 CORVETTES THAT ARRIVE AT THE TRACK!

Note: last year the parade lap was " full" before 7:30am...

Advance Price: $75
Gate Price (7/1-7/9): $90

ADVANCE SALES END AT 5:00PM ON 1 JULY. AFTER 5:00PM GATE PRICING APPLIES.

Mystic ZR-1
07-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Next Saturday!!!

Long range weather forecast is for good weather!!!!

Who's in?
What time is everyone showing up?
Don't forget your folding chair...
See ya there,
Doug

louispf
07-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks to Tom (a wealth of Z knowledge) for help with the Z and my Dryer (almost as bad to repair then the Z). Now I can drive up to Lime Rock. I'm in along with Tom. We are joining up @ my house in Norwalk CT. Anyone wishing to join meet up with us there or along the way up route 7.:handshak:
Jim,
How did you make out with your plans?

QB93Z
07-08-2011, 08:15 AM
We are leaving Maryland this morning (Friday) and we will see you at Lime Rock. I plan to get there at 0700 to try to get in the Parade Lap. After the race, we will be heading north and driving to Nova Scotia for a two week, 3100 mile cruise.

SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!

Jim