PDA

View Full Version : Location of blower control module

KGV
04-30-2011, 04:43 AM
Hi,

The blower motor stays on in my ZR-1, and I read this is most likely a bad blower control module. I looked in the FSM, but I could not find its location. Where is this located, and is it easy to get to? What manual is it in?

Currently, I keep having to open the hood and use the batter disconnect switch.

Thanks

Ken

tomtom72
04-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Ken, I don't have my mechanical section of my FSM with me, but I just looked in the electrical manual and it says ... " RH side of bulkhead ( dash panel ), in LH side of evaporation housing."

The FSM calls it the Blower Power Module.

:cheers:
Tom

I figure that this thing is inside the heater box!?? and not on the engine bay side of the system? Does that sound like it makes sense?

gbrtng
04-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi,

The blower motor stays on in my ZR-1, and I read this is most likely a bad blower control module. I looked in the FSM, but I could not find its location. Where is this located, and is it easy to get to? What manual is it in?

Currently, I keep having to open the hood and use the batter disconnect switch.

Thanks

Ken

Do you mean it stays on after turning the ignition off and removing the key?

KGV
04-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Ken, I don't have my mechanical section of my FSM with me, but I just looked in the electrical manual and it says ... " RH side of bulkhead ( dash panel ), in LH side of evaporation housing."

The FSM calls it the Blower Power Module.

Tom

I figure that this thing is inside the heater box!?? and not on the engine bay side of the system? Does that sound like it makes sense?

Thanks, I will take a look in that area.

Do you mean it stays on after turning the ignition off and removing the key?

Yes, it runs all the time, even with the key out. I read on one forum that someones had the same issue with a late 80's C4, and they had to replace the control module.

Thanks for the replies. I thought that if it was an easy fix, I could get at it myself, but I may have to take it to the dealer here.

Ken

gbrtng
04-30-2011, 04:10 PM
The blower module is on the top of the evaporator housing in the engine compartment on the passenger side. It's a 4-terminal device and looks to be common to all late C4s with automatic AC. I'd start there - the control module is inside the passenger compartment and would be the next component to suspect.

Can the blower speed be controlled by the AC controls in the dashboard? Does the blower continue to run at that speed when the ignition is off, or does it go to full speed?

RICHARD TILL
04-30-2011, 05:44 PM
had the same exact problem a while back and the module fixed my problem. i was lucky. found a module out of a 90 model in a junkyard for $20. theres no need to take car to a dealer. its a very simple job to change.

KGV
05-01-2011, 03:40 PM
The blower module is on the top of the evaporator housing in the engine compartment on the passenger side. It's a 4-terminal device and looks to be common to all late C4s with automatic AC. I'd start there - the control module is inside the passenger compartment and would be the next component to suspect.

Can the blower speed be controlled by the AC controls in the dashboard? Does the blower continue to run at that speed when the ignition is off, or does it go to full speed?

The blower motor runs at a constant speed. The fan control does not alter the speed.

Thanks,

Ken

KGV
05-01-2011, 03:42 PM
had the same exact problem a while back and the module fixed my problem. i was lucky. found a module out of a 90 model in a junkyard for $20. theres no need to take car to a dealer. its a very simple job to change.

Thanks. Do the wires just snap on to the module? Also, It it just two or three screws that hold it in place?

Thanks,

Ken

RICHARD TILL
05-01-2011, 11:14 PM
yes, the wires plug into the module. take the screws out and lift straight up.