ZR1Vette
04-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Just a heads up for those who drive the Fairfax County Parkway (Rt 7100)>>

Fairfax County Police Department

Public Information Office

News Release:

April 14, 2011

50 MEANS 50

The Traffic Division of the Operations Support Bureau and the Patrol Division of the Fairfax County Police Department, in cooperation with the Virginia State Police, will launch a two-week initiative, ?50 Means 50?, along Route 7100, the Fairfax County Parkway. This campaign kicks off on Sunday, April 17 and targets aggressive and reckless driving; including speeding, texting while driving, following too closely, and failure to pay full time and attention on the Fairfax County Parkway.

Motor squad officers along with patrol officers from several district stations throughout the county and Virginia State Troopers will be assigned specific enforcement duties along the parkway.

A variety of vehicles will be utilized including: motorcycles, Mustangs, Camaros, Impalas, pick-up trucks and other unmarked and marked police vehicles.

The stepped-up enforcement will take place 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until its conclusion on Saturday, April 30.

The intent of the initiative is to reduce the overall average speed on the parkway and to reduce the number of property damage, injury, and fatal crashes, making the parkway a safer place for all.

Jagdpanzer
04-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Damn! that screws up my testing area.
Thanks for the heads up Michael, you probably just saved me some money and points.

ZR1Vette
04-15-2011, 06:57 PM
TESTING what :-D

QB93Z
04-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Hey Phil,

It sounds like you are who they are looking for. Funny that they announced the end date of the program. Or is it just a trick to catch a whole bunch of people on May 1st?

Jim

Jagdpanzer
04-16-2011, 08:58 AM
The only times I may have ever exceeded the posted speed limits is on the long down hill sectons with very stong tail winds blowing or maybe while testing the secondary system to make sure it was performing 100%

QB93Z
04-16-2011, 09:01 AM
"But Officer, Dr Haibeck told me to get more exercise..."