PDA

View Full Version : Never too soon to start talking Carlisle....

ZRGator
03-01-2011, 02:47 PM
I am looking for a GOOD recommendation for accommodations for Carlisle. I want to start trying to get this in order now and I'm hoping there's a better place than the dump that ripped us off last year....

Dave? Jim? Anybody?...Thanks.

A26B
03-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Yeah, me too!! That Super 8 was a dump.

How about this:
http://www.countryinns.com/carlisle-hotel-pa-17015/pacarlis

ZRGator
03-01-2011, 04:49 PM

How about this:

Wow, that looks great, Jerry...only problem is they have no rooms available for Carlisle dates....

A26B
03-01-2011, 05:15 PM
I didn't call. Sorry bout that.

Well then, lets stay in Gettysburg.

ZZZZZR1
03-02-2011, 07:00 AM

How about this:

Jerry,

I couldn't agree more... In fact, the Super 8 called me yesterday and asked if I wanted to rebook. NEGATIVE!

I'll work on another hotel this week.

:cheers:

David

FU
03-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Jerry,

I couldn't agree more... In fact, the Super 8 called me yesterday and asked if I wanted to rebook. NEGATIVE!

That's a relief :handshak:

jcruz
03-02-2011, 07:51 AM
I haven't been recently but I used to live in Carlisle when I was growing up and visited many times over the years -- there's an interesting little town outside of Carlisle called Mount Holly Springs. I never stayed there but it always seemed to have interesting accommodations: http://www.hollyinn.com/

There used to be a fantastic restaurant there too - Deer Lodge. Not sure what the current status is: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2009/04/former_mount_holly_springs_dee.html

Mystic ZR-1
03-02-2011, 06:53 PM
We've been staying at the Best Western Plantation Inn in Mechanicsburg for the last 5 years, we reserve 3 rooms every year (sorry, they're all spoken for). It's about a 20 minute ride to Carlisle if you take the "secret route" that brings you right to gate 3 with no traffic! It's not the Taj Mahal, but it's clean (you don't have to wear your shoes in the shower or upholster the toilet seat in toilet paper...) and well kept and it's all Corvettes that weekend. It's a short ride to RT11 where all the restaurants are, or there's a Cracker Barrel next door (if you don't mind watching your arteries clog...) I don't know about availability, so call the inn directly for the Carlisle dates, get the # from the Best Western website.
Doug
Mystic ZR-1

ZR1@gmx.com
03-03-2011, 12:51 PM
When registering for the event is there a way to inform them we are with the ZR-1 Net Registry? Being a newbie I want to make sure I do this correctly!

ZR1@gmx.com
03-03-2011, 01:48 PM
We've been staying at the Best Western Plantation Inn in Mechanicsburg for the last 5 years, we reserve 3 rooms every year (sorry, they're all spoken for). It's about a 20 minute ride to Carlisle if you take the "secret route" that brings you right to gate 3 with no traffic! It's not the Taj Mahal, but it's clean (you don't have to wear your shoes in the shower or upholster the toilet seat in toilet paper...) and well kept and it's all Corvettes that weekend. It's a short ride to RT11 where all the restaurants are, or there's a Cracker Barrel next door (if you don't mind watching your arteries clog...) I don't know about availability, so call the inn directly for the Carlisle dates, get the # from the Best Western website.
Doug
Mystic ZR-1
Tried the Best Western and they were booked. I was able to book at Wingate in n Mechanicsburg, looked like a nice place. Will have to get directions for the the "secret route" from you!

ZZZZZR1
03-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Ok got one.

This would be a 3 night stay@ the Wingate (do not contact the hotel yet)

It's about 15 miles (probably less than that) from Carlisle, but a VERY nice hotel.

Wingate by Wyndham - Harrisburg
1344 Eisenhower Blvd, Harrisburg, PA
Two Queens Non Smoking - $95.99 Promotional rate
Two Queens Non Smoking - $119.99 Regular rate

We can get 15 rooms for 3 nights, but I would need one other person to prepay our rooms very soon.

$95.99 rate

Who is game?????

David

ZR1@gmx.com
03-05-2011, 02:08 AM
Ok got one.

This would be a 3 night stay@ the Wingate (do not contact the hotel yet)

It's about 15 miles (probably less than that) from Carlisle, but a VERY nice hotel.

Wingate by Wyndham - Harrisburg
1344 Eisenhower Blvd, Harrisburg, PA
Two Queens Non Smoking - $95.99 Promotional rate
Two Queens Non Smoking - $119.99 Regular rate

We can get 15 rooms for 3 nights, but I would need one other person to prepay our rooms very soon.

$95.99 rate

Who is game?????

David

Do you have to actually pre-pay or just reserve it on a card?

ZZZZZR1
03-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Do you have to actually pre-pay or just reserve it on a card?

checking on that. From what I can tell, it will be me and one other person prepaying to get the room block set up. This is being set up with "Rooms.com" and not the hotel direct.

Anyone interested in a 3 night stay @ this hotel, let me know.

David

tomtom72
03-05-2011, 08:13 AM
I'll bite. You want I should call and pre-pay?

Thanks for doing all this work too Dave!:thumbsup:

Tom

FU
03-09-2011, 07:38 PM
In....let us know what needs to be done.

ZZZZZR1
03-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Would need 12pp to be interested in getting rooms as well

I'll put the word out and see how many bite

Thanks

David

ZZZZZR1
03-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Ok,

Nobody needs to pay upfront, I will guarantee the rooms with my CC.

Should be able to make reservations by tomorrow morning.

RATE is cheaper @ $89 as well.

Please post up if you are interested.

I have 17 rooms blocked.

David

tomtom72
03-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks Dave for doing this work!

Oh, forgot..I'm IN !!!

Tom