PDA

View Full Version : radio works intermentely

dbriana
01-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Just started today, was playing fine and then heard nothing but humming when, switched to cassette player, it doesn't have sound either, makes a popping noise, sound comes back after a few seconds. It did this off and on with no pattern a few times. Listened to it in the driveway for three hours no problem, started it up to move in garage, no sound, humming back. Any ideas? thanks.

FU
01-30-2006, 05:03 PM
http://www.doctordons.com/

Call him.

Bell Curve
02-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Did you have sound coming from all your speakers before? If only one or two were working, the amps in them may have gone bad and that is what you are hearing with those sounds.

dbriana
02-02-2006, 11:57 PM
talked to drdons, said it was very good chance it was the cdm module tuner, under the right hand dash that is going out. I am going to try another one, have that one rebuilt or try another system. Does anyone know if you go with a pioneer system if you can use the existing speakers and bypass this cdm (with a bose interface?) or will it still need to go through the cdm? TIA

dbriana
02-17-2006, 10:50 AM
I replaced the cdm with a used one and it seems that it was the problem for any of you that have trouble in the future. If you lose sound completely and it comes on and off with a pop, then humming from igntion is what mine did.