PDA

View Full Version : DRM Chip

RICKYRJ1
01-26-2006, 09:16 AM
I picked up a DRM Chip and a open lid K&N filter. Is this a simple swap install or does more need to be done?

BBBAD94ZR1
01-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Rick have you had your car out, been driving it much?
RAY

haber rj
01-26-2006, 09:23 AM
This is a very straight forward job, the chip only goes in one way and the filter is the same.
haber rj

Demps
01-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Very simple indead. Remove the negative battery cable (8mm). Remove four 10mm nuts on the ECM just above the battery and "flip" in gently over on the windshield. There will be four screw holding on a plate on the bottom of the ECM (been a while--they are smaller). The screws have a rubber washer that you must be careful not to lose or damage. Pry off the cover gently. Press the outside prongs on the chip and it will release. Reverse and you're done.

Airbox: Remove the two outboard hold down screws. Loosen the airduct. Pull up on the back/top of the airbox. Exchange and tighten the middle hold down screw. Put the front/bottom of the airbox in. Pick up the front of the airduct and replace.

Ted

RICKYRJ1
01-26-2006, 10:59 AM
I'm sorry the air box is a modified one with the bottom cut out so the complete K&N is exposed. I removed the vortex one that came with the car as suggested by everyone here. Ray I haven't been out with it, I didn't even reg. it yet. Busy w/work and a new born coming Wed. the 1st. It kills me every time I walk out to the garage. That is why I'm doing these little things so I have some sort of contact with the car. I'm detailing it next, I have a heated garage so weather is not a problem