PDA

View Full Version : Competent LT5 mechanic (MS)

Dime
02-05-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm planning on getting myself a c4 corvette in the near future. If I can find one for a good deal I'd like to get a ZR-1. Problem is I'm not a wrench guy; other than the basics like oil changes, filter changes, etc. I'm worthless.

So, basically I'm wondering if any of you veteran Vette owners might be to able to point me in the direction of a good mechanic who has the ability to work on an LT5. Preferably near Vicksburg/Jackson, MS.

Aurora40
02-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Sounds like you are about 1/2 way between South Georgia Corvettes, and Corey Henderson, both being 7-9 hours away.

Honestly, that is about as close as many of us are to a trusted ZR-1 shop. There isn't a lot of ZR-1 specific work that needs to be done, and the common stuff really requires no more skill than an oil change or brake job. It may seem intimidating, but it is a fairly easy engine to work on.

Where would you go to take a normal C4 Corvette for service? Much of the C4 stuff would be the same, brakes, clutch, and such.

todesengel
02-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Corey would get my vote. He has taken the time to help me several times, and seems to be in it for more than just to make a buck at every turn (this is not to say he doesn't have a business to run).
Every question I have had for him he has answered quickly, and guided me along the way. This is not the experience that I have had with another.

Pete is also very good, and a wealth of information, and tuning/porting/timing abilities. This is not to say this is his limitation, just my personal interaction with him. Pete is located in Chicago.

2ZR1S
02-05-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm planning on getting myself a c4 corvette in the near future. If I can find one for a good deal I'd like to get a ZR-1. Problem is I'm not a wrench guy; other than the basics like oil changes, filter changes, etc. I'm worthless.

So, basically I'm wondering if any of you veteran Vette owners might be to able to point me in the direction of a good mechanic who has the ability to work on an LT5. Preferably near Vicksburg/Jackson, MS.

I am not too far away from you (Crossett, AR). There is also another ZR-1 owner in Monroe, LA that moved over from MS when I did. We can help out with some normal wrecnching if you need a hand. I have performed all of the work on my own car for years. Not difficult at all.
:cheers: