PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Auto Masters BBQ

vandornjim
02-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Well Folks, here is an update from our troop SFC Eric Egelstad, and it comes LOCAL mail, not international. I haven?t spoken to him yet but I was entertaining the idea of having Eric at this year?s BBQ in May (at the ZR-1 Gathering) so he could finally meet all of you and vice a versa for the first time in person. Maybe us Vets could all dress up in our old uniforms?.OK, maybe not. :p Anyway, I?m also working on several other special guests so keep in touch.

Have a great Super Bowl and let?s start planning a nice WARM ZR-1 event in May.

Jvd in BG

Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2011 7:40 AM
Subject: Finally Home

I wanted to send thanks one more time to all the people who supported my guys, family and me during this long deployment to Afghanistan. You will never know how much it means to Soldiers "down range" to receive emails, and care packages from home.

I left COP Sabari on 24 Jan 2011, i extended for 4 days to help train the unit replacing us, they were not up to speed as much as i would have liked and felt like i needed to stay on to help out more. I got home early on 3 Feb 11, so it took us a long time and many stops to come home, it was very boring and long but we finally made it.

I was put in charge of the entire aircraft, some civilian aircraft. It help 200 of us, once we landed a guy came on and grabbed me, said i would be the first one off the aircraft, and there was a 2 star General at the bottom of the ramp, so i walked down the ramp at 0020 3 Feb, to the General who shook my hand and said welcome home. Another guy grabbed me and walked me towards the hanger where 300 screaming people were and a bunch of cameras. It was pretty awesome being the first one off and seeing everyone. It was super cold and the wind and snow was blowing, they briefed me that i would marching in front of all 199 Soldiers into the hanger for a ceremony, so he briefed me of all the commands i needed to give etc...so i lined up, the group behind me, the huge hanger doors opened to all the family members and the General, i gave the forward march command and was hoping they could hear me since the families were screaming so loud, we walked into the hanger and did the 5 minute ceremony. Once it was over with, they released us for 15 minutes with our families, since i was in front of everyone, Donna could see me but i had no idea where she was in the bleachers, so i looked around and when i turned around all i saw was Donna leaping thought the air and grabbing onto me. She hit me so hard i bit my lip (but i did not care)....She left the girls at home since it was so late, Jordyn had no idea i was coming home.

Once we were done, i marched them back outside onto our gear, we received a briefing and got on the buses to turn in all of our gear. I did not get home until 0515, so Donna and i drank some coffee until Logan had to go to school, once Jordyn woke up, Donna brought her into the room, it took her a minute to figure out who i was, once she noticed it was me, she yelled, "Daddy" and ran into my arms and would not let go of me, and has been like a dryer sheet to me since i have been home.

My sleep plan is all out of whack, around 1600 I'm dead tired and around 0100 i get up...ugh!!! We have a mandatory 7 day straight class, briefings etc...we have to attend starting around 1000 everyday, once that is over with, we go into half day schedules and then we go on leave for 30 days. Can not wait.

Just thought i would let everyone know I'm home, safe and very Happy.

I can not thank you all enough for the support you showed us all, and all i can say is THANK YOU !!!!!

Eric Egelstad:salute:

A1990
02-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Eric, thanks for all you do for us American's :proud: and thanks to JVD for all you do for us ZRoners! Look forward to seeing everyone in May.
:Eagle:

FU
02-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Hat's off to Eric , Donna they're 2 beautiful daughters and family. We appreciate your sacrifice and applaud your service , keeping our Country safe.

Jim.....well you are one of the guy's behind the curtain doing what you do. Helping out in our community. While keeping us in touch with reality.

The club sincerely appreciates the efforts of everyone above.

tomtom72
02-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Another BBQ at this year's Gathering? May I be "IN"....where do I send my contribution? :dancing This is going to be GREAT!!! Thank you JVD!

Thank you to Eric for your service to our country, and a really big thank you to Donna and the daughters for their sacrifices! :flag:

:cheers:
Tom

JThomas
02-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Welcome home Eric!

And to the rest of the brotherhood, see you in May!

Eric24
03-05-2011, 11:57 AM
:flag2: It is good to be home and unless something comes up, I will be at the BBQ, I want one of those BOWTIE burgers i heard so much about....:dancing

Looking forward to meeting everyone, see you all soon :saluting:

Eric