PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket wheels

vettepilot
01-21-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm thinking about upgrading the wheels and tires on my 1991 ZR1 (not too crazy about the pinwheels) and was wondering if anybody has put 18's or even 19" wheels on their car. I would like to run 18x9.5's on the front and 19x11's on the back if they would fit. My handy tire calculator says they will but... Anybody know the offsets on the new C6 Z06 wheels? Thanks

wolverinemw
01-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Here is what "I THINK" I know. Please do not take this as gospel. I am also working on finding some unique wheels for my 90 Z. You can run a staggered 18/19. You can also run a 12.5 rear wheel. The ZO6 wheels will not work without a spacer and I do not like the sound of that, plus you end up with a production wheel that everyone has already. If you check my wheels post of CF you will see that someone has offered me some beautiful magnesium wheels with sensors. Also, John at CCW wheels is an excellent guy to deal with on a custom wheel, he can tell you whatever you need to know about wheels for a ZR1. I think I am going to buy a wheel tire package from him, the sp500 and toyo RA1's. they will be 18x10 front and 18x12.5 rear with 335's on the rear. Hope this helps!:thumbsup: