PDA

View Full Version : North East Region events for 2011

jrd1990zr1
01-13-2011, 03:43 PM
ZR1 owners in the North East Region

I have been asked by our Events Director to try to establish a comprehensive list of events in our region in the hope of having a central regional gathering this year.

Unfortunately, with a few exceptions I don't really know where the North East ZR1 owners reside.

If you live in the North East Region and would be interested in a get together this year, please post or PM your information. Additionally if you are aware of Corvette (or ZR1) related events near you I would like to add the information to a comprehensive list.

I am sure you are aware of WAZOO and their maintenance days. It would be good if the folks in the North East could also do something similar. If you are interested, please post up or PM me.

Thanks, John :cheers:

FU
01-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks for stepping to the plate John :cheers: I'm down on Long Island (tax capital of the nation) if you need any help etc. feel free to ask.

voxdeidave
01-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Hey John...
This is Dave in Palmerton, PA. (about 120 miles north of philly)
I'm kinda new to the club, but would love to get more involved over the summer. I've already talked to a few guys about the WAZOO maintinece days, and woud LOVE to see something like that up here.....Mainly 'cause I'm hoping to do a clutch this summer and any extra hands would be great! Keep us posted!

94Admiral
01-14-2011, 04:47 PM
John -

Would absolutely be interested in a ZR-1 event! Thanks for taking the steps to try to coordinate something. Would love to see a list of NE Corvette shows events that we could decide to attend as a group as well. Happy to help compile the list! Let me know.

Scott

94Admiral
01-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks for stepping to the plate John :cheers: I'm down on Long Island (tax capital of the nation) if you need any help etc. feel free to ask.

Frank -

I think the good folks in Illinois are trying to beat Long Island in the tax department....I'm sure the good legislators from NY will not lag IL for long......is this a great country or what???!!!

....and a Happy New Year to you!

Scott

tomtom72
01-16-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm up for it! I'll try to drag Lou along also. :mrgreen:

Lower NYS. Westchester County which is just north of NYC.

Hey, who's going to BG this year?

Mystic ZR-1
01-16-2011, 01:12 PM
John,
Nice talking to you yesterday! Too much snow!!!!!!!!!
I'm gonna throw out for discussion one of the things we talked about...
Doug

How about a Northeast ZR-1 get-together at the Corvette Corral at the ALMS race @ Lime Rock Park (Northwest CT) on Saturday, July 9?
(no racing at LRP on Sundays)
We can watch the C6Rs kick some butt! :fahne:
http://www.limerock.com/

Everybody, what do ya think?
Tom-Tom, Lou, Scott, Mary & Ed, Frank, you guys in?

Mystic ZR-1
01-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Mom,
Apologies for leaving you out! You live in the "Great White North" too. What do ya think?
I got the sticker yesterday.
Thanks,
Doug

QB93Z
01-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Hey John...
This is Dave in Palmerton, PA. (about 120 miles north of philly)
I'm kinda new to the club, but would love to get more involved over the summer. I've already talked to a few guys about the WAZOO maintinece days, and woud LOVE to see something like that up here.....Mainly 'cause I'm hoping to do a clutch this summer and any extra hands would be great! Keep us posted!

Hey Dave, If you schedule the clutch job on a weekend that I am free, I will come up and give you a hand. We have done 8 transmission pulls in the last two years here in WAZOO land, so it should be a snap.

Jim

jrd1990zr1
01-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Hey Dave, If you schedule the clutch job on a weekend that I am free, I will come up and give you a hand. We have done 8 transmission pulls in the last two years here in WAZOO land, so it should be a snap.

Jim

Dave,

If you do this over the summer maybe a group from the North could meet up and assist you and Jim V. I've never done a clutch job on a C-4 (only my 1968 before) and would at least like to see one done. You look to be only about 3-1/2 hours south of me, so could be a reasonable commute.

Keep us posted once you schedule. :handshak:

Thanks, John

tomtom72
01-17-2011, 06:52 AM
:fahne: I'm down with the clutch job.....Capt'n just tell me where & when!:mrgreen:

Oh, like the way I invited myself to your house Dave? Welcome to The Brotherhood of The Beast! :wave:

Oh, forgot the reason I was posting....I'll have my tickets for the ALMS race shortly, so I'm "IN" if we do a ZR-1 gathering....I'll see you guys at the track!

John, would it help you out if I started a dedicated thread to the ALMS race here so we can keep the required reading down? :)

:cheers:
Tom

voxdeidave
01-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Hey John....
That would be amazing!!!!! I just learned that a buddy of mine is getting a lift in the next week or two, so we would have that at our disposal. Combine that with my other friend's transmission jack, add beer, and stir.......instant fun weekend!

voxdeidave
01-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Cool! looks like there's going to be a NE region meeting at my place this year!

ZZZZZR1
01-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Hey John....
That would be amazing!!!!! I just learned that a buddy of mine is getting a lift in the next week or two, so we would have that at our disposal. Combine that with my other friend's transmission jack, add beer, and stir.......instant fun weekend!

Dave,

There are a few other PA guys that are interested in "maintenance day's". I'll make sure they see this!

David

jrd1990zr1
01-17-2011, 11:22 AM
:fahne: I'm down with the clutch job.....Capt'n just tell me where & when!:mrgreen:

Oh, like the way I invited myself to your house Dave? Welcome to The Brotherhood of The Beast! :wave:

Oh, forgot the reason I was posting....I'll have my tickets for the ALMS race shortly, so I'm "IN" if we do a ZR-1 gathering....I'll see you guys at the track!

John, would it help you out if I started a dedicated thread to the ALMS race here so we can keep the required reading down? :)

Tom

Tom,

Excellent idea. It may also give the ALMS event more exposure!

Thanks for asking, John

tomtom72
01-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Tom,

Excellent idea. It may also give the ALMS event more exposure!

Thanks for asking, John

You're welcome John! :handshak:

:mrgreen: I can be your "Director of Internet Communications" !!!!
Doug can be the "Idea Man", oh, that's Chief of Staff , and we can make Lou the Director of Motorsports Promotions....hey you got a staff & don't even know it!

:sign10:

QB93Z
01-17-2011, 12:45 PM
You're welcome John! :handshak:

:mrgreen: I can be your "Director of Internet Communications" !!!!
Doug can be the "Idea Man", oh, that's Chief of Staff , and we can make Lou the Director of Motorsports Promotions....hey you got a staff & don't even know it!

:sign10:

LOL - Now all you need is a fancy name and someone to design a logo.

Jim

Mystic ZR-1
01-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Tom-Tom,
Chief of Staff is fine, because we're good friends, you can just call me Sir.
Doug

ZR-1nce removed
01-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Dave,

If you do this over the summer maybe a group from the North could meet up and assist you and Jim V. I've never done a clutch job on a C-4 (only my 1968 before) and would at least like to see one done. You look to be only about 3-1/2 hours south of me, so could be a reasonable commute.

Keep us posted once you schedule. :handshak:

Thanks, John

I am always waiting to assist the capt. I'd be happy to join him with the NE clutch assist. You NE guys can witness the WAZOO clutch team in action. We have done a bunch of clutch jobs recently, I think the quickest one was 2 1/2 hours. Looking forward to it.

voxdeidave
01-17-2011, 11:30 PM
wow guys! this is shaping up to be a killer weekend! I hope we can find a date that will work for everybody.....How's late July, early August look?

Just some food for thought, I'm VERY seriously looking at the billet steel single mass set up from carolina clutch. I'm sure you WAZOO boys have done a set up similar to that at least once...... With all the hands on deck that weekend I'm also thinking a plenum pull for wires and injectors would be in order. Get my chip tweaked to fix the idle and I think I should be in business....
now if we can just get rid of the @#$%@ snow we can get down to it!
Dave

tomtom72
01-18-2011, 06:48 AM
Hey Dave, are you coming to the Gathering this yr? If so I was thinking that March or April would be the target dates for a Major Maintenance Day for your car so it's ready for the trip to BG. Just asking. I'll load up my DD with my go bag & be there rain, snow or high water...after I do a mapquest that is.

Doug, ummm Sir, yes Mr. Chief of Staff....Mr. Exec....if we were British I'd say Number Two....:worship:

Capt'n.....yea, yea, a name & a logo...yea that's the ticket!

:hello: Darin! You & the Capt'n can be the Technical Supervisors.....no dirt on the hands.

Tom

QB93Z
01-18-2011, 03:02 PM
wow guys! this is shaping up to be a killer weekend! I hope we can find a date that will work for everybody.....How's late July, early August look?

Just some food for thought, I'm VERY seriously looking at the billet steel single mass set up from carolina clutch. I'm sure you WAZOO boys have done a set up similar to that at least once...... With all the hands on deck that weekend I'm also thinking a plenum pull for wires and injectors would be in order. Get my chip tweaked to fix the idle and I think I should be in business....
now if we can just get rid of the @#$%@ snow we can get down to it!
Dave

Plenum pull is no problem.

I reccommend posting a thread in the General or Tech Section of the forum and ask people for their opinion about the Carolina Clutch billet flywheel. You will get a lot more responses than you will here in the NE Regional Section.

Jim

voxdeidave
01-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Already have Jim.....
I've been going back and forth with the SM/DM flywheel question for a little bit now, and I've had very good response from the gang on the question.

voxdeidave
01-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Unfortunately Tom, most of my time in the early spring is chewed up with work.....we all know the three best reason to be a teacher, right?......June, July, and August!
And, the real reason, I am selling a few other toys to generate the funds to put back into my vette. I'm doing a major engine rebuild plus clutch on my daily driver mg midget right now. That little things gets over 45 miles to the gallon, so I really need to get her back on the road with the price of gas these days! I'll need to lick my wounds for a few months before I'm ready to play with the next toy!

tomtom72
01-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Unfortunately Tom, most of my time in the early spring is chewed up with work.....we all know the three best reason to be a teacher, right?......June, July, and August!
And, the real reason, I am selling a few other toys to generate the funds to put back into my vette. I'm doing a major engine rebuild plus clutch on my daily driver mg midget right now. That little things gets over 45 miles to the gallon, so I really need to get her back on the road with the price of gas these days! I'll need to lick my wounds for a few months before I'm ready to play with the next toy!

:o sorry Dave. I get antsy to start working on a vette about now. I hear you on the Vette Appropriations Bill # H. R. 90-95-ZR-1.... post up when you are ready and I shall be there to lend assistance!

Oh, on the price of gas....I look at it this way. The higher it goes, the less cars on the roads and the more empty space for us ZR-1's! ;)

Tom