PDA

View Full Version : Motorsport Park Pledge Drive

zr1mom
10-15-2010, 09:37 AM
As many of you know the NCM is the planning stages of building a Motorsports Park. During this build phase individuals, clubs, businesses etc have the option to purchase what you might call a share of this park by buying parcels of land in 1/4, 1/2 and 1 acre sizes.

The ZR-1 Net Registry club has already purchase a ? acre piece about 1 1/2 - 2 years ago.

Last year the Grand Sport Registry club threw out a challenge to their members to raise enough funds to purchase 1 acre and this year at the ZR-1 Gathering they succeeded in doing so.

So I would like to challenge the ZR-1 Net Registry members to also raise enough funds to purchase 1 acre by next year's Gathering at the NCM. However I would like to step up that challenge. The NCM said we could turn in the $3,750 we gave them for the 1/4 acre and apply it towards the 1 acre cost of $15,000 however that would just makes us equal with everyone else. We are not like everyone else, the ZR-1 owners and the ZR-1 Net Registry is unique, we don't follow we lead.

We have ~600 members which means a donation of only $25 a member would buys us that acre.

The way we can kick this off for now is all I want from you today is a pledge of how much you are willing to give towards the acre of land. Later when it looks like we are close to achieving our goal I will ask you to start sending in your money. This can be done in several ways, check, paypal, and credit card. We can set up payment thru the ZR-1 Net Registry store to make it very easy.

Also at this time I'm not asking the ZR-1 Net Registry club itself to donate to the cause since they already have with the 1/4 acre. However as a club this is an option we can look at and vote on later with the membership.

Remember this Motorsports Park is for us; think about future events at the NCM and having this park available to us and the pride knowing that you own a piece of it.

To understand more of what this park is about and what it offers please visit: http://www.motorsportspark.org/about.shtml (http://www.motorsportspark.org/about.shtml)

In the meantime please send your pledges to: parkpledge@zr1.net (parkpledge@zr1.net)

I will continually update everyone on how the pledges are going. You can donate any amount but anyone who donates $25 or more will get a decal they can put on their ZR-1 that says "I own a piece of the Park".

Thanks!
Mom

bobbyhi
10-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Made my pledge - come on guys..:dancing

DaveK
10-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Done mine too Bob :handshak:

tf95ZR1
10-15-2010, 12:28 PM
ME 2.
Join in!

:fahne:

zr1mom
10-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks guys! :cheers:

Mom

zr1mom
10-15-2010, 07:50 PM
We're doing great gang! Just two days and 61 members we have collected $3815.00 so far but still have a ways to go.

To see how we are doing at any time check out: http://www.zr1netregistry.com/motorsport.htm (http://www.zr1netregistry.com/motorsport.htm)

Thanks,
Mom

tomtom72
10-16-2010, 07:04 AM
I'm IN also!:dancing

come on in the water's just fine!:fahne:

ZRapid-1
10-16-2010, 02:16 PM
This looks like a worthy cause.
Count me in.
Thanks for organizing this.

zr1mom
10-16-2010, 05:52 PM
We are already over $5,000 with one member giving $1,000! :handshak:

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/motorsport.htm

Mom

carter200
10-17-2010, 02:58 AM
Thanks MoM :cheers:

zr1mom
10-24-2010, 11:13 AM
We're getting there gang but we still have a little ways to go. We are just over 55%.

Thank you to everyone who has pledge so far! :handshak:

Mom

zr1mom
11-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Just an update, we are now over 70% there with pledges of over $10,600!

We're almost home but still need your help.

Thanks!
Mom

zr1mom
11-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Ok we are now at $11,463.20.

Getting closer all the time.

So far 128 people have donated.

Thanks!
Mom

Aurora40
12-05-2010, 06:24 PM
This effort has become stagnent and I don't see many/any more donating. I say add the $3,750 to what has been collected and call it good. We bought an acre.

I might mention there are past and present (meaning new) Board members that have not donated, or are not on the list of people who have donated as of a few minutes ago.

The Registry wasn't asking for a huge amount, only $25 bucks would do it.

Where's my sticker?
This seems like kind of a bullying post. As such, I'll just post my opinion:

I don't particularly care about the NCM. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike it or anything. But it's a business that has lots of opportunity, free access to records and artifacts from GM, a delivery program with the factory, etc. They should be able to turn that into a financially successful museum, or maybe they are doing it wrong. I don't feel a need or desire to prop them up with membership dues nor contributions. I don't get any indirect benefit from the NCM.

If they want to charge for window stickers that GM has given them access to, I'm happy to pay for one. If they want to have an event for Corvettes that sounds fun, I'm happy to pay to attend. But that's about it from my perspective. I don't derive any ongoing benefit from them. It's nothing like the ZR-1 Registry, from which I derive tons of information, help, parts, etc to keep my car running in tip top shape. That's the sort of thing I am happy to pay a membership fee for, or make a financial contribution to.

If the NCM can't make a motorsports park that is financially viable, they shouldn't do it. If they put on a motorsports event that is appealing, I'll happily pay the fee to attend. But I have zero interest in propping up the effort to get it started. The only reason I contributed is because it clearly matters to Mom, and I appreciate what he's done for ZR-1 owners. So I'm more than happy to chip in.

Anyway, that's my opinion. It may be why some others haven't contributed. Or maybe I'm the only one that feels that way, I dunno.

:cheers:

Aurora40
12-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Oh, I'd also just say I agree with your idea to toss in the previous 1/4 acre and call it good. I suspect the longer it goes between pledge to payment, the more people may not be able to ante up, especially with the holidays approaching.

zr1mom
12-05-2010, 10:11 PM
This effort has become stagnent and I don't see many/any more donating. I say add the $3,750 to what has been collected and call it good. We bought an acre.

I might mention there are past and present (meaning new) Board members that have not donated, or are not on the list of people who have donated as of a few minutes ago.

The Registry wasn't asking for a huge amount, only $25 bucks would do it.

Where's my sticker?

This is a consideration which I will consider.

Sticker will come once we reach our goal.

Thanks,
Mom

zr1mom
12-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry am I missing something here? I'm taking up this collection for the benefit of all ZR-1 owners both Registry members and non-Registry members. So yes "our" goal. I'll be happy to refund your money if this is an issue for you?

zr1mom
12-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Please do.

Done!

zr1mom
12-11-2010, 05:02 PM
So right now we have pledges totaling $11,788. I'm going to go ahead and use the money we spent on the 1/4 acre ($3750) and add that to the total which will make it over the $15K we need at around $15,538 minus paypal, and credit card fees.

I'm moving forward now and asking everyone who hasn't done so to start sending their pledges in. They can mail it or use paypal.

For PayPal use zr1net@zr1.net for payment.

To mail it in send it to:

ZR-1 Net Inc
52 Timberline Dr
Nashua, NH 03062

Thanks everyone!

Mom

95 LT5
12-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Is it too late to donate????

zr1mom
12-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Is it too late to donate????

Nope!

Thanks!

Mom

tomtom72
12-12-2010, 06:59 AM
paypal sent this morning. :handshak:

:o just in case I seem to have made a mistake with the amount please let me know. I try to keep it simple so I will not forget, but I actually started doubting my memory this morning.:o

Tom

zr1mom
12-12-2010, 09:33 AM
paypal sent this morning. :handshak:

:o just in case I seem to have made a mistake with the amount please let me know. I try to keep it simple so I will not forget, but I actually started doubting my memory this morning.:o

Tom

Thanks! You're all set!
Mom

flyin ryan
12-12-2010, 03:23 PM
PayPal sent...:)

zr1mom
12-12-2010, 04:18 PM
PayPal sent...:)

Thank you!!

Mom

DaveK
12-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Paypal sent also :cheers:

ZRapid-1
12-12-2010, 07:43 PM
It's been about two months since the original post where it asked for a pledge but to hold off on actually submitting it until the goal was close.

I recommend sending ouit an email reminder to those who have pledged but not yet submitted their donation.

This would be especially helpful to those who don't check the forums everyday.

flyin ryan
12-12-2010, 11:52 PM
It's been about two months since the original post where it asked for a pledge but to hold off on actually submitting it until the goal was close.

I recommend sending ouit an email reminder to those who have pledged but not yet submitted their donation.

This would be especially helpful to those who don't check the forums everyday.Um'...I think we did get an E-mail? Pretty sure I did...

zr1mom
12-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Um'...I think we did get an E-mail? Pretty sure I did...

Yes an email was sent to everyone a few days ago plus the post here on the forum.

Thanks!
Mom

Aurora40
12-13-2010, 08:31 AM

Mom did send a mail to the Registry list, and the ZR1 list. Though like you said, it had been a while. I had to search for the mail I sent him to remember what my pledge was. A more personal mail with the pledged amount might be nice, but I don't know how difficult that would be.

zr1mom
01-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Thanks everyone that have sent in their pledges. For those that haven't yet please do so.

I have the decals and will be mailing them out next week to those that have pledged and paid $25 or more.

Thanks!
Mom

FU
01-15-2011, 08:28 AM
We all know it's a real tough economy out there folks.But this is a real good cause guy's. Please ....donate what ever you can.

:salute:

tomtom72
01-15-2011, 09:02 AM
I just want to say thanks for sending the decals out....got mine on Thursday. :mrgreen:

Thanks Mom for leading the charge on this one! :handshak:

Tom

ZR1Vette
01-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Got mine on Friday and will proudly display on my ZR... and hats off :salute:

to Mom for organizing.

zr1mom
01-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks everyone again! We're actually up to $13,333 if we don't cash in the 1/4 acre. So with a few more pledges there is a good chance we can buy the 1 acre and keep the 1/4 acre as well.

Thanks! :cheers:

Mom

A1990
01-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Let's do this thing! If you haven't pledged yet please consider doing so.

ZZZZZR1
01-15-2011, 12:10 PM
If you can afford to give, please do!

Great way to give in the name of our
Club.

David

95 LT5
01-17-2011, 12:54 AM
Got my sticker
Thanks for the great cause!

bobbyhi
01-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Got my decal - glad I could help support:)

DaveK
01-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Picked my decal up in the mail today! Hope we manage to get enough to do both the 1 acre and 1/4! :)

zr1mom
01-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Again all decals for eveyone who has paid to date have been mailed.

We have just a few people left that still need to send in your checks. So if you haven't yet please do.

We're getting closer to hitting that $15K mark for 1 acre! We are still looking for members to contribute.

We had 1 member give $1,000!! :cheers:

Thanks!
Mom

DaveK
01-21-2011, 09:21 PM
How far off the 15k mark are we?

HAWAIIZR-1
01-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Mom,

Mahalo. I received the decal today and love it.

Aloha,

Craig

XfireZ51
01-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Mom,

Just sent my $25 in. After my off track adventure, I spoke with Adam Boca from NCM because my insurance was thru the NCM. Of course my claim
was denied by American whatever because I was drag racing which is expressly verboten in the policy T&Cs. Had I been on a public road, I would have been covered but be reponsible and go to a private venue with safety gear, then you're screwed. My point to Adam was that I had gone to a sanctioned Corvette event. Now the NCM is embarking on building a Motorsports park encouraging exactly the kind of driving that is excluded by the very insurance policies the NCM promotes and makes money off of.
Anybody see something wrong here?! If they're going to hold events at the park, there should be some kind of blanket coverage for Corvette owners,
maybe NCM members, to fill in the gap when participating at NCM sponsored events.

Aurora40
01-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Hey Dom,

That sucks about your car. I'd just opine though that the insurance coverage is what it is. Unless the NCM ever suggested or stated it would cover your car during racing activities, I don't see why you would assume it did without checking the policy.

More generally, I don't believe any insurance companies will cover your car during competitive events. I think it is generally understood that if you put your car on a track, something bad could happen. Of course we all hope it doesn't, and take precautions to minimize the risk.

I wouldn't expect the NCM to have any sort of different insurance than any other race track in the country. If they are able to put together some kind of extra-cost race-day insurance though, it would certainly be nice.

A1990
01-22-2011, 11:02 AM
NCM does now offer race day coverage. Separate policy and I don't know the costs involved. Best to just check with Adam.

zr1mom
01-22-2011, 11:26 AM
How far off the 15k mark are we?

Around $1,500.

Thanks!
Mom

zr1mom
01-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Mom,

Just sent my $25 in. After my off track adventure, I spoke with Adam Boca from NCM because my insurance was thru the NCM. Of course my claim
was denied by American whatever because I was drag racing which is expressly verboten in the policy T&Cs. Had I been on a public road, I would have been covered but be reponsible and go to a private venue with safety gear, then you're screwed. My point to Adam was that I had gone to a sanctioned Corvette event. Now the NCM is embarking on building a Motorsports park encouraging exactly the kind of driving that is excluded by the very insurance policies the NCM promotes and makes money off of.
Anybody see something wrong here?! If they're going to hold events at the park, there should be some kind of blanket coverage for Corvette owners,
maybe NCM members, to fill in the gap when participating at NCM sponsored events.

Thank you! But sorry to hear about off track adventure. Most if not all insurance companies are this way unfortunately. But you have brought up a good and one I will discuss with the NCM.

Mom

XfireZ51
01-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Hey Dom,

That sucks about your car. I'd just opine though that the insurance coverage is what it is. Unless the NCM ever suggested or stated it would cover your car during racing activities, I don't see why you would assume it did without checking the policy.

More generally, I don't believe any insurance companies will cover your car during competitive events. I think it is generally understood that if you put your car on a track, something bad could happen. Of course we all hope it doesn't, and take precautions to minimize the risk.

I wouldn't expect the NCM to have any sort of different insurance than any other race track in the country. If they are able to put together some kind of extra-cost race-day insurance though, it would certainly be nice.

I think you mis-read my post. I have known all along the coverage wasn't there. My point was that getting on the track is the responsible thing to do when compared to "competition driving" on the street. The insurance company is expressly not covering an instance that demonstrates someone's responsible concern for safety. I was not expecting to be covered but I wasn't expecting to crash either. The real point of my post is what Mom has picked up on. If you are an enhusiast establishment, like NCM, encouraging driving ur vehicles for what they were designed for in a responsible manner and with expert oversight, then you should expect these things to happen. And you should represent products/services that address these expected eventualities. Especially with the leverage an organization like NCM could have with an insurance company, coverages could be designed for our special needs, not just putting out "off the shelf" classic car insurance. Let's face it, nobody is going to drag race an Auburn Boattail, but a ZR-1 or other Corvette is a different story.
When I mentioned this to Adam, and to his credit, he said he had recognized this very gap particularly with the advent of the Motorsports Park and NCM sanctioned events.

Pete
01-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Let me put it this way.

I buy a brand new ZR1 and go road racing,in the middle of the race a Yugo GT passes me now i'm really pissed off, heck i spend over $100k so i go after him and push my ZR1 to the limit just to pass that darn Yugo GT and since i know i'm insured i'll push it even further and further heck if i crash they will buy me a new ZR1, so i crash and total it, insurance buys a new ZR1 next day i'm back at the track that Yugo GT is there this time i will show him who's boss and boom total the second ZR1.
So by the end of the season maybe i would go thru 10 ZR1's what do i care insurance is paying and i will drive it like i stole it, maybe worse.

All because of that darn Yugo GT

Got my sticker yesterday.
Pete