PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous Junkie Stroker cranks

FU
01-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Can some one get Rod over to this forum ? So we can keep the stroker crank thread going ?? The Corvette Forum pulled all the posts about stroker cranks for some reason :rolleyes:

Kevin
01-04-2006, 07:21 PM
GUYS, I keep getting my posts deleted because of commercial use??

IM not selling anything...just letting everyone know my adventures buying a stroker crank

Called MOLDEX....got quoted $2700 for a 4 1/8 stroke crank.. 3 months out build date...Some real estate agent complained!!

Called BRYANT...had 4 in stock yesterday(4 1/8) $2750... Called again today..A corvette shop down south bought all 4 for $2600 a piece...I wonder how much they will mark up these bad boys!!!!! Approx build time is 3+ months out for more to be made!!! Bryant told me they had those 4 on the shelf for quite a while, then I posted on here..,ALL four were gone the next day??? HMMM

Called Crower...they can make any crank, they just need a stock one to give a price quote!! Approx quote was $2500 to $3000

Called Winberg here in Denver... they are interested in doing one!!! I will have a quote for them soon.

THERE IS NO REASON TO PAY MIDDLEMAN PRICE!!!! YOU CAN BUY DIRECT AND SAVE $2500...

* again this is not a commercial post...I am checking on these prices for my fathers new LT5 stroker IM building.

* mods I have no idea why you might want to delete this post!!!!

that's his post thus far.

NITROUS JUNKIE
01-05-2006, 11:25 AM
GUYS, I keep getting my posts deleted because of commercial use??

IM not selling anything...just letting everyone know my adventures buying a stroker crank

Called MOLDEX....got quoted $2700 for a 4 1/8 stroke crank.. 3 months out build date...Some real estate agent complained!!

Called BRYANT...had 4 in stock yesterday(4 1/8) $2750... Called again today..A corvette shop down south bought all 4 for $2600 a piece...I wonder how much they will mark up these bad boys!!!!! Approx build time is 3+ months out for more to be made!!! Bryant told me they had those 4 on the shelf for quite a while, then I posted on here..,ALL four were gone the next day??? HMMM

Called Crower...they can make any crank, they just need a stock one to give a price quote!! Approx quote was $2500 to $3000

Called Winberg here in Denver... they are interested in doing one!!! I will have a quote for them soon.

THERE IS NO REASON TO PAY MIDDLEMAN PRICE!!!! YOU CAN BUY DIRECT AND SAVE $2500...

* again this is not a commercial post...I am checking on these prices for my fathers new LT5 stroker IM building.

* mods I have no idea why you might want to delete this post!!!!

that's his post thus far.

Hey guys,:hal: Im going over to Winberg today for a price quote. Im going to show them my stock crank and also my Moldex 4 1/8 stroker.

Im also going to follow up with Bryant today, they guy there yesterday said a LT5 corvette shop was trying to work a deal with them to be an exclusive Bryant LT5 crank dealership!! You know what that means DOUBLE CRANK PRICES!!!

I can also send a crank to Crower to get them made. I am a warehouse distributor for Crower, maybe I can save a little money on some stuff!!

All my posts lately on the other forum get deleted, they tell me why so I change it for them...then it still gets deleted? It seems as though no matter what I post they want to erase it? :censored: :icon_scra

Having a stroker ZR1 is a lot of fun... As many of you know they make big power...I think its time since the car is 15+ years old that people should be able to afford to modify them to enjoy....not get robbed for $30k for a stroker...and these days you can pick up the entire car for less!!!

It takes less than 10k to do a stroker:thumbsup:

It would be killer to see many more strokers built!!!!

PS.. I know where you can buy 4340 rods for $349 set, and 500 gram titanium rods set/ for $1500...both with arp 2000 bolts. Not brand name stuff but will work excellent in a stroker.

A26B
01-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Makes me wish I had waited a little longer to do mine. Keep up the good work Rod and thanks for sharing your research with everyone. It's obvious you're doing this for everyone elses benefit at your own expense of time & effort.

It will be cool to have a bunch of big inch "old" ZR-1's running around in Las Vegas.

Jerry

Kevin
01-05-2006, 12:27 PM
makes me wish I had the $$$$ to do one now.

NITROUS JUNKIE
01-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Ok guys it seems at though Ive been banned from the corvette forum for a while because of the above quoted post.. Dont really understand but I must have really made someone mad!!! Maybe if I was contributing money to become a supporting vendor I would not be kicked off?

Anyway....we did go to Winberg today. They have built LT5 stroker cranks in the past, he said for some guy in Canada? He did not keep the program. He can build them no problem...but there is one catch In order to get the price down around 2700 we would have to buy 10 cranks.. He did say however one would be in the 4 k range...not too bad considering they are not set up to do them. One things for sure they had a lot of real trick stuff down there, Nextell cup , top fuel, and even some newer style LS cranks he was doing for LPE.. He said he could build me a real lightweight crank, Im considering buying one and selling my Moldex!!!

I am going to send a stock crank to Crower real soon, I know they can get me a good price and as always GREAT quality.

I have quite a few other projects going on right now in the shop...I smell like paint tonight. I just painted my '55 chevy tube chassis car in the shop- classic 55 paint job but newer colors...pearl blue and white!!!! Cant wait to get that beast running.. It has a 500 cube DRCE NHRA pro stock engine(ex Rickie Smith engine) it ran high 6s all motor in a pro stock car!!! Its going to be fun..Approx weight 2200 pounds with a Liberty 5 sp. cluchless tranny....9800 rpm!!!!!!

32valve
01-06-2006, 02:37 PM
hmmm.....how much lighter was winberg talking about? Would that be a race only piece or would it be ok for a street car?

by the way.............. THAT'S BS THAT THEY BANNED YOU!!!!!! TTT FOR THE LT5 GOOD 'OL BOY NETWORK!!!!!!

WB9MCW
01-06-2006, 06:50 PM
ABOUT TIME U GUYS START POSTING AT THE TRUE HOME OF THE ZR-1. I'm sure that our fine mod. Mr Z-Factor would never ban such a good info post and claim it was a "commercial" deal. How are any of you end users are considered a 'vendor' with 'commercial interests' is beyond me!!! Now if we could get the rest of the cf gang and cac gang to post here as a primary esp. on the tech. stuff (reg. bs stuff is fine for the other forums...in fact it is a good thing for those types) but the tech stuff... IMO... is best consolidated in this great forum(as to have one place to look 4 it all)...the true home of the ZR-1!!! Some day the zr-1 net guys will figure this one out as well and poor old mom wont have to run two! Old habits die hard I know!!!

NITROUS JUNKIE
01-06-2006, 09:10 PM
hmmm.....how much lighter was winberg talking about? Would that be a race only piece or would it be ok for a street car?

by the way.............. THAT'S BS THAT THEY BANNED YOU!!!!!! TTT FOR THE LT5 GOOD 'OL BOY NETWORK!!!!!!

I have seen a lot of real trick cranks over the years....the stuff at Winberg BLEW my mind. Looking at his regular chevy cranks, they REALLY cut them down...he is doing a lot of stuff for the Nextell cup teams where every little advantage helps.

Talking about the weight and streetability, he told us he would not sacrifice strength and durability to save weight. I was so impressed that I really want to sell my MOLDEX crank(it weighs 52 pounds)...and it has been lighted by us already!! I see no issues running his stuff on the street. If I had a few 415s+ to build I would for sure go the Winberg route.

If I had more time before BG, I would have Winberg build me a crank for the 427. He had a top fuel crank there 48 lbs..to handle 5000+++hp!!! His SBC cup cranks were MUCH lighter!!

I have seen ultra light stuff from other crank mfgs, they were not cut like these were!

Talking low budget stroker cranks, I have a guy here in Denver, one of the best crank grinders in the country.. He said he could take a stock LT5 crank and make it 4.125 stroke!!!! $1250.... now pair that with some $349 4340 rods, $500 set of forged pistons...youd be one happy 415 powerhouse!!!! I have no doubt with his ability, he has fixed my LT5 stroker crank before ( I had a thrust go out and lost oil pressure years ago) still running strong 10.2 BG '05..

CDNZR
01-06-2006, 11:40 PM
I have seen a lot of real trick cranks over the years....the stuff at Winberg BLEW my mind. Looking at his regular chevy cranks, they REALLY cut them down...he is doing a lot of stuff for the Nextell cup teams where every little advantage helps.

Talking about the weight and streetability, he told us he would not sacrifice strength and durability to save weight. I was so impressed that I really want to sell my MOLDEX crank(it weighs 52 pounds)...and it has been lighted by us already!! I see no issues running his stuff on the street. If I had a few 415s+ to build I would for sure go the Winberg route.

If I had more time before BG, I would have Winberg build me a crank for the 427. He had a top fuel crank there 48 lbs..to handle 5000+++hp!!! His SBC cup cranks were MUCH lighter!!

I have seen ultra light stuff from other crank mfgs, they were not cut like these were!

Talking low budget stroker cranks, I have a guy here in Denver, one of the best crank grinders in the country.. He said he could take a stock LT5 crank and make it 4.125 stroke!!!! $1250.... now pair that with some $349 4340 rods, $500 set of forged pistons...youd be one happy 415 powerhouse!!!! I have no doubt with his ability, he has fixed my LT5 stroker crank before ( I had a thrust go out and lost oil pressure years ago) still running strong 10.2 BG '05..

Wow, $1250 for a stock modified stroker crank. How does this compare to a Moldex or Bryant for durability?

Kevin
01-07-2006, 12:07 AM
so you are telling me that the parts for the stroker are going to run just under 2100?

Z Factor
01-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Wow, $1250 for a stock modified stroker crank. How does this compare to a Moldex or Bryant for durability?

Hello, and welcome to the forum CDNZR.:handshak:

It certainly seems that NJ is on to some good prices for stroker cranks.

I assume by your forum name you live in the Great White north?

I feel sorry for you guys up there since we have great weather all year down here, and do not have to hibernate our Z's.

:cheers:

NITROUS JUNKIE
01-07-2006, 09:08 PM

The modified stock (factory) crank will not be as strong as the Moldex, and Bryant. The cranks we are using for the strokers right now are probably overkill for the power the N/A 415s make.. I would not suggest running an offset ground factory crank for the real high HP stuff...blowers,n20, turbos etc.. but I think the stock modified cranks will work fine for all motor applications.

For an all motor 415 using the welded and offset ground stroker will give people an easier way to build stroker 415s. Going with this cheaper crank, cheaper 4340 rods, etc will be fine for an all motor 415. You will not need the expence of the real fancy name brand parts!!! Of course if you have the money buy the stronger crank...you never know you might want to put on a power adder one day when you get used to the 415 power and want more.;)

WB9MCW
01-08-2006, 01:57 PM
NO DOUBT NJ U KNOW ABT SQUIRTIN...and delivering the "pain" as ron K. likes to call it!!!

http://www.nitrousdirect.com/images/wetkit1.jpg

http://www.nitrousdirect.com/images/bottles-composite-new2.jpg

:thumbsup: :cheers: