PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal?

Faingo35
01-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Hello friends!

I have been looking for a ZR-1 for a while and finally found a nice one. It is a 1992 Black/Black with both tops. I rate it an 7 out of 10 condition overall. It has 37k miles and the original owner has it. He is asking $23,500 He tells me that the car is completely original. The car fax is clean..

Is this a good price? I know that it is only worth what someone will pay for it. So I guess my question is, would you pay that?? :)

Thanks a million!

James Horan

RICHARD TILL
01-03-2006, 09:39 PM
I would. If something had happened to my 90, I`d look at this car. wish my red/red/ was black/black. Got to be sharper than a razor.

Z Factor
01-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Hello James, and welcome to the forum.:handshak:

As to your question, I must ask why you give it a 7 out of 10:confused:

All things being equal, it sounds like a decent car being the original owner. Give us more detailss to help give you an opinion.

Faingo35
01-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Hi there!

Thank you for the reply.

I rank it a 7 just because it is 14 years old with 37k miles and does show some wear and tear. There are a couple ruff spots in the paint most likely from road rock dings. The interior has a worn spot on the carpet near the break pedal, but the seats are almost mint. The front spoiler under the nose is pretty bad, will most likely have to fix that.. I would think that is common, but not sure.

Cant really think of any other flaws it has. HMMM, now thinking about it mebbe i should say it is an 8, :)

RICKYRJ1
01-04-2006, 12:39 AM
Hey Jim, welcome to the search. The price sounds good but did you check out all the cars that are for sale here? Seems to be some real nice low mileage cars for around the same $. Good luck, it is hard but well worth it.

Jim Jones
01-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Sounds like a good deal to me. I got my 1990 about eight months ago with 55,000 on it for $19k. Mine also has a few paint chips as well. You might ask about the stereo, I didn't think to ask about it and found out the CD player didn't work after I got the car home. Good luck!!

Jim

Faingo35
01-05-2006, 12:18 AM
I went back to see it today for a test drive and had a couple questions, mebbe some of you might know.

There were 3 alert lights that were glowing on the car. The Service Engine, ABS, and Change oil. The owner said that the car had a dead battery for a couple months and after he put a new battery in and they all appeared. Does this sound right?

Also I ran the car up pretty good on the freeway and i noticed that the air cond was not blowing cold after the high rev driving. Does that sound right?

Also, are any of you in the Phoenix area that would do an inspection for me that is familar with the Z's?

Thanks for any help!
James Horan

We Gone
01-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Change oil light is no big deal..Just reset.
The ABS and Check Eng. I would check into pull the codes and see what they are.

The AC should cut out at high RPMs to protect the compressor.

Good luck...