PDA

View Full Version : One more, I hope

jrd1990zr1
09-16-2010, 09:05 PM
I think I am going to have my Charcoal 1990 judged at our chapter meet in early October.

Hopefully everything will work on the judging field!!!?

:cheers:

vettn71
09-17-2010, 06:48 AM
It's not the kiss of death, but Operations can knock you out of a Top Flight. My 90 scored 97.5 (first time judged), but suffered the following FUBARs:

* Right headlight would not go up (just had it repaired)
* CD player did not work (repaired previously)
* Glovebox light flickered (still need to get a new switch)
* Was hit for non-existant inflatable bolsters on seat bottoms (I should have known my car better, but two judges were telling me the same thing)

If all these were fixed I would have scored 98.5. 10 points could be the difference between flight awards. If you drive the car you can get some points back, as well as having an NCRS sticker, fire extinguisher and battery disconnect.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Jim

ZZZZZR1
09-17-2010, 03:25 PM
I think I am going to have my Charcoal 1990 judged at our chapter meet in early October.

Hopefully everything will work on the judging field!!!?

Woo hooo!

Where is your chapter meet?

jrd1990zr1
09-17-2010, 04:14 PM
David,

Cohoes, NY

I've got lots of work putting the original parts back on.

:cheers: John

tomtom72
09-17-2010, 04:58 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Good Luck John!

jrd1990zr1
09-19-2010, 08:51 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Good Luck John!

Thanks for the kind words Tom. Did this with my red Z a number of years ago so there shouldn't be many surprises.

I'll post up after the event next month.

:cheers: John

Mystic ZR-1
09-23-2010, 09:14 PM
John,
Let me know if there's any bits or pieces you may need. Key knockouts, original air cleaner element, tags, lug nut plastic bag or ? Don't forget to WD-40 your storage bin lid latches so they latch when dropped from 6" or so.
Doug
PS: How about Vettes in the Village Oct 3rd? Call me if you get a chance.

jrd1990zr1
09-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks Doug,

I think I have everything I need. Thanks for the WD-40 reminder too.

I can't make the October 3rd event, I have a conflict with my grandson's birthday party 2 hrs south of here.

I'll call you later this week or early next week.

John :handshak:

jrd1990zr1
11-05-2010, 09:19 PM
It's not the kiss of death, but Operations can knock you out of a Top Flight. My 90 scored 97.5 (first time judged), but suffered the following FUBARs:

* Right headlight would not go up (just had it repaired)
* CD player did not work (repaired previously)
* Glovebox light flickered (still need to get a new switch)
* Was hit for non-existant inflatable bolsters on seat bottoms (I should have known my car better, but two judges were telling me the same thing)

If all these were fixed I would have scored 98.5. 10 points could be the difference between flight awards. If you drive the car you can get some points back, as well as having an NCRS sticker, fire extinguisher and battery disconnect.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Jim

For those who were wondering, I Got my sheets back from the NCRS meet. With driving points of 0.3% I scored a 99.7%

One issue (my own stupidity) is I forgot to install the original 4 bolts for the rear license plate and got hit with a full deduct.

Second issue is the Center High Level Brake Light where I was hit with a deduction due to an error in the NCRS manual. But now I know about the manual error.

Rest were small issues like paint chips, aging on items, etc. Considering the car has a little over 50K on the odo I am happy with the results.

One more for the Top Flight list! Thanks to all!

ctgreg
11-06-2010, 06:13 AM
For those who were wondering, I Got my sheets back from the NCRS meet. With driving points of 0.3% I scored a 99.7%

One issue (my own stupidity) is I forgot to install the original 4 bolts for the rear license plate and got hit with a full deduct.

Second issue is the Center High Level Brake Light where I was hit with a deduction due to an error in the NCRS manual. But now I know about the manual error.

Rest were small issues like paint chips, aging on items, etc. Considering the car has a little over 50K on the odo I am happy with the results.

One more for the Top Flight list! Thanks to all!

Congrats...I'm thinking of doing the same in the near future.

ZZZZZR1
11-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:saluting:

Tough to get a top flight!

David

tomtom72
11-11-2010, 06:28 AM
You be the Man! That's two Z's in Top Flight schweeet!