PDA

View Full Version : Race Track Fund

Hammer
09-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Idea for next year.

When an event is held and sponsors kick in money, how about we put that money towards the BG Race Track fund. We, the Registry needs to purchase an acre of the site.

There isn't a fund? There should be and we should be able to contribute to that fund right through the ZR-1 Store. I also think the Registry should match dollar for dollar any contributions made.

What say everyone?

PS: This conversation should be taken up initially in a Members Only section of the Forum, but since there isn't one, I'm posting up here.

A1990
09-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Idea for next year.

When an event is held and sponsors kick in money, how about we put that money towards the BG Race Track fund. We, the Registry needs to purchase an acre of the site.

There isn't a fund? There should be and we should be able to contribute to that fund right through the ZR-1 Store. I also think the Registry should match dollar for dollar any contributions made.

What say everyone?

PS: This conversation should be taken up initially in a Members Only section of the Forum, but since there isn't one, I'm posting up here.

Someone has their thinking cap on today!!:worship:

Hammer
09-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Someone has their thinking cap on today!!:worship:

I'm going racing so gotta be sharp, right? :dancing

A1990
09-04-2010, 04:25 PM
10-4

tf95ZR1
09-05-2010, 03:37 AM
Along these lines, it must be $$ that talks @ the NCM.
At the last C4/ZR-1 Gathering in BG, there must have been
4X the number of ZR-1 people than Grand Sport/C4 people.
The ZR-1 got NO LOVE (except @ JVD's!) even though
most of the seminars were ZR-1! I'm talking the closing
dinner and the NCM magazine report. Maybe if we
contributed more $$ ......... ? BIG Q: Is it worth it?

JThomas
09-05-2010, 09:57 AM
It would only take 60 guys at $250 each to come up with the $15,000 to buy an acre. Something to think about.

I'll be pitching this and some other figures to the Michigan Region of the NCCC this week. Good luck!

Kevin
09-05-2010, 10:24 AM
I wasn't at the gathering this year so i'm a bit confused here....why do we need to buy an acre?

Hammer
09-05-2010, 11:13 AM
I wasn't at the gathering this year so i'm a bit confused here....why do we need to buy an acre?

The Registry has always supported the NCM as far as I know. I believe we came to the rescue at some point as it was going broke. It's just something the Registry should do. IMO of course.

tf95ZR1
09-05-2010, 01:20 PM

To support the NCM and the Corvette. I agree with this.
And it would be nice/cool to have a home place to race.
I was just saying that maybe its the total $$ and not the
number of donations that counts. And to be fair, maybe
it's the entire Corvette world and not just the NCM.
The ZR-1 (with the -) does seem to be the unloved &
misunderstood cousin(step-child).

1990 415
09-05-2010, 05:31 PM
At BG in May the Grand Sport guys really stepped up with a very impressive donation. The Registry needs to at least equal or better the donation given by the GS group. This kind of donation is what clubs like ours should be jumping all over. It will benefit all the attendees of NCM functions and be excellent PR for our club. It could make the misunderstood cousin the envy of the hobby.