PDA

View Full Version : NW area status?

ZRWON
08-27-2010, 10:55 PM
With all the top management changes do we still have a regional org concept?
If yes, who replaced Jeff as our NW regional coordinator?
What events are planned for us?
What financial support from the top organization is available for regional activities?
Do we still exist out here?
What's going on with us?

1990 415
08-28-2010, 02:08 AM
I too was wondering what will happen to the NW event. I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 2 that I attended. I hope it is possible for it to continue. Hopefully the Registry will continue to support the only gathering that takes place on the west coast.

Nick
08-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Bill: I have "unofficially" stepped up and taken responsibility for the Northwest region once again. Depending upon the $upport HQ gives us now and in the future, we will be making plans to continue our annual Summer event as well as other get-togethers throughout the year. One of these days, you will have to join us! :hello: I know I personally have expressed interest many times in seeing you and your Beast at one of our events! :thumbsup: If we have to, we'll come to you!

We have had a lot of fun in the Northwest with our events, and I for one feel it would be a shame to let our area down and not support the local ZR-1'ers and other members. I know others feel the same as I do, including non-local members. :cheers:

ZR1FUN
08-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Foks:

There was a group of ZR1 people who met at Jeff Flints over the usual Rose City Vette gathering weekend. I guess it was a private party and did not represent the ZR1 registry. Nick, I heard you were there and can verify if this is correct or not.

Seems to me others will need to step uo to plan some events this coming year for Registry members and be sure to invite all.

Doug
Olympia WA

Polo-1
08-30-2010, 08:31 PM
The email I got from Jeff did not say Private?
It was smaller this year for sure, but it's was members that showed.

Polo-1
08-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Was this years "not" funded??
Where is my annual fee going to?

Nick
08-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Was this years "not" funded??
Where is my annual fee going to?

Good questions. Maybe we need some more "clarity" in the Registry's financials.

Nick
08-31-2010, 01:47 PM
Folks:

There was a group of ZR1 people who met at Jeff Flints over the usual Rose City Vette gathering weekend. I guess it was a private party and did not represent the ZR1 registry. Nick, I heard you were there and can verify if this is correct or not.

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12667

Seems to me others will need to step up to plan some events this coming year for Registry members and be sure to invite all.

Be my guest! Please!

zr1mom
09-01-2010, 07:05 PM
The truth of matter is was for the most part it was a private event.

To begin with there was a lot of confusion about having the club support it this year. We had every intent in doing so. However we have a collection of emails over the last few months where the person running it went back and forth and other emails saying the event was on and then off again.

Also noted was the event was never broadcasted over any media.

For example why wasn't the event ever mention here?
Nothing was sent on the ZR-1 Net list nor the ZR-1 Net Registry list?
Also we have a newsletter and nothing was posted there as well.

So it's tough to have an event if no one knew about it.

Hopefully next year we'll have better communications and we plan on having a more formal mechanism to qualify an event.

Polo-1
09-01-2010, 10:07 PM
So, I take it that Nick got stuck with the bill.....
Great, I feel like a AZZ. Eat and leave. Nick let me know if I can send you some money your way.

7 years of going to the PNW Gathering and I always felt great giving my annual dues, knowing it went to a great event. I will have to think twice on the next renewal. I can not believe the Registry is that low on cash or that tight on money they could not help in some way.
As to the "Private Event" I sat with paying members eating and having a good time.

For those who don't know, or never paid any attention. The PNW Gathering also goes hand in hand with Rose City Corvette show. http://www.rosecitycorvettes.org/ You can always check there too. That's what makes this a great event, you have the " ZR-1 " stuff plus Rose City stuff to do all weekend long. No Down Time!!! Always Go Go Go:dancing

Nick I would like to say sorry, This is not what you should have to put up with. Nice to see the Registry step up and help you this way.

Nick
09-01-2010, 11:30 PM
The truth of matter is was for the most part it was a private event.

For the "most" part? But not entirely? Or entirely? Which is it? Claiming it was a private event is ONE form of the truth, but not the whole truth. It was not a private event.

To begin with there was a lot of confusion about having the club support it this year. We had every intent in doing so. However we have a collection of emails over the last few months where the person running it went back and forth and other emails saying the event was on and then off again.

And we relied on your intent to support the event, and the written assurance from Ron Kreigh that it would be supported. And now, we get screwed because of the confusion. If it wasn't known, then how did you know about it? Was it "on" and "off" due to certain Registry personnel who never did what they were asked, or supposed to do? We also have a ?collection? of e-mails indicating the event was approved and would be funded. And, after the event, I got an e-mail from David Johnson asking me for the bill, presumably so it could get paid. Why would I be asked for the bill if it was not going to be paid?

Also noted was the event was never broadcasted over any media.

E-mails were sent. Ron Kreigh and others knew of the event well in advance. How come it was never published?

For example why wasn't the event ever mention here?

Maybe because somebody at the Registry did not publish it? We have no control over that aspect of the Registry function.

Nothing was sent on the ZR-1 Net list nor the ZR-1 Net Registry list?
Also we have a newsletter and nothing was posted there as well.

Whose fault is that? Again, we have no control over that aspect of the Registry function.

So it's tough to have an event if no one knew about it.

No kidding! But we DID have the event, and it was well attended by dues paying Registry members. And, people knew about the event. And, we were asked to submit the expenses for the event after it was held. And we were told ?absolutely we will fund the event? well in advance.

Hopefully next year we'll have better communications and we plan on having a more formal mechanism to qualify an event.

Without the support this year for the event, why on Earth would anyone imagine it would be supported next year? Why would anyone want step up in the future and take on the planning and execution of the event?

I assume funding for the ZR-1 Net Registry Northwest event this year has been denied. Was anyone planning to actually notify me of this? I have not heard one word from anyone. Wasn't the vote taken some four days ago? Am I not owed the courtesy of an e-mail, at the very least?

Nick
09-01-2010, 11:33 PM
So, I take it that Nick got stuck with the bill.....
Great, I feel like a AZZ. Eat and leave. Nick let me know if I can send you some money your way.

7 years of going to the PNW Gathering and I always felt great giving my annual dues, knowing it went to a great event. I will have to think twice on the next renewal. I can not believe the Registry is that low on cash or that tight on money they could not help in some way.
As to the "Private Event" I sat with paying members eating and having a good time.

For those who don't know, or never paid any attention. The PNW Gathering also goes hand in hand with Rose City Corvette show. http://www.rosecitycorvettes.org/ You can always check there too. That's what makes this a great event, you have the " ZR-1 " stuff plus Rose City stuff to do all weekend long. No Down Time!!! Always Go Go Go:dancing

Nick I would like to say sorry, This is not what you should have to put up with. Nice to see the Registry step up and help you this way.

:cheers:

1990 415
09-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Nick, if you did in fact get stuck with the bill for this event which I understand was verbally approved by the Registry before it was held, then I too will send you some money to help offset the financial burden this gathering unnecessarily places upon you. I understand you have gone above and beyond to continue to be involved with organizing and apparently paying for a gathering which is the only registry gathering west of the Rockies. Kudos to you for your selfless efforts. I wouldn't blame you if you refuse to be involved with this event ever again. Let me know what your address is so I can send you some money ASAP.

ZRWON
09-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Nick, if you did in fact get stuck with the bill for this event which I understand was verbally approved by the Registry before it was held, then I too will send you some money to help offset the financial burden this gathering unnecessarily places upon you. I understand you have gone above and beyond to continue to be involved with organizing and apparently paying for a gathering which is the only registry gathering west of the Rockies. Kudos to you for your selfless efforts. I wouldn't blame you if you refuse to be involved with this event ever again. Let me know what your address is so I can send you some money ASAP.

Me too Nick...

got this from Jeff F a few hours ago what's this about?
Bill, here was the result of the vote for funding the PNW event.

Jeff
> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 14:12:58 -0700
> From: mimzr1@SBCGLOBAL.NET
> Subject: Re: [ZR1REGBOARD] Accounting results for 2010 Corvettes at Carlisle
> To: ZR1REGBOARD@LISTSERV.CORVETTEMUSEUM.COM
> Hi Dwight,
> Here's the PNW event vote from the meeting we had at Carlilse from
> my notes. This was the vote "yes" or "No " to reimburse the amount
> of $875.00.
> Jim V. - No
> Dave J. - No
> George - No
> Jerry - No
> Mim - No
> Ron - Yes
> I have a "Yes" vote from both Dwight and Jim D. from previous
> emails.
> More meeting notes to follow.
> Thanks,>
> Mim

zr1mom
09-02-2010, 07:27 AM
"Whose fault is that? Again, we have no control over that aspect of the Registry function"

It was your fault, or the person in charge of the event. Those holding the event would of course would want to advertise the event or at least ask to have it advertise. Neither was done. Every other event held by Registry Members across the country including yours over the past years was well advertise.

You guys screwed up and now try to blame others. Members in your own area said they never knew about the event. Personal emails were sent so it "was" a private event.

A26B
09-02-2010, 10:54 AM
To put this in proper perspective, one simple question should be asked, "Why would the Executive Committee not fund a ZR-1 Registry local or regional event?" The only reason is because it wasn't properly conducted in accordance with the bylaws.

A member never stepped forward in advance of the event and said, "I will be organizing the PNW Regional event for 2010". "Can the Registry provide financial assistance and what do I need to do?"

A Registry member did ask for information, for his own personal knowledge, and did receive a prompt reply (within 12 hrs) from Ron Kreigh that the Registry would "absolutely" support the event, gave him a simple description of the requirements and complemented him for carrying the torch. No further communication occurred prior to the event.

Simply put, someone asked, was answered, and never replied with the requested information.

The event held was clearly a private event, by invitation only. There's nothing wrong with that, except the Registry shouldn't and doesn't provide support for private events. The whole purpose of supported Registry events is to keep members involved and encourage new memberships. neither of these objectives can be met by invitation only events.

The Executive Committee stand ready and willing to encourage and support all events conducted in accordance with the bylaws and the spirit of the organization. It is unfortunate that the 2010 PNW Event did not meet these standards, but it did not fail due to any fault of the Executive Committee.

The single inquiry for Registry support was promptly responded to. The decision to not reimburse the expense submitted "after" the private event occurred was proper. To do otherwise would have been a violation of the bylaws and not in the spirit of the Registry.

The Executive Committee is duty bound to act responsibly on behalf of ALL members. I would ask that ALL members reciprocate and stop propagating malicious and Registry damaging mistruths which are occurring here on this forum.

Jerry Downey
Vice president

Locobob
09-02-2010, 12:50 PM
The single inquiry for Registry support was promptly responded to.

Hmmm, it is my understanding that several other inquiries were made... and completely ignored. This "silent treatment" by registry officer(s) is at least partially responsible for the confusion and disarray surrounding this years PNW event. I'm fine with having guidelines and accountability in respect to event funding but these requirements need to be communicated beforehand rather than imposed ex post facto.

1990 415
09-02-2010, 08:31 PM
To put this in proper perspective, one simple question should be asked, "Why would the Executive Committee not fund a ZR-1 Registry local or regional event?" The only reason is because it wasn't properly conducted in accordance with the bylaws.

A member never stepped forward in advance of the event and said, "I will be organizing the PNW Regional event for 2010". "Can the Registry provide financial assistance and what do I need to do?"

A Registry member did ask for information, for his own personal knowledge, and did receive a prompt reply (within 12 hrs) from Ron Kreigh that the Registry would "absolutely" support the event, gave him a simple description of the requirements and complemented him for carrying the torch. No further communication occurred prior to the event.

Simply put, someone asked, was answered, and never replied with the requested information.

The event held was clearly a private event, by invitation only. There's nothing wrong with that, except the Registry shouldn't and doesn't provide support for private events. The whole purpose of supported Registry events is to keep members involved and encourage new memberships. neither of these objectives can be met by invitation only events.

The Executive Committee stand ready and willing to encourage and support all events conducted in accordance with the bylaws and the spirit of the organization. It is unfortunate that the 2010 PNW Event did not meet these standards, but it did not fail due to any fault of the Executive Committee.

The single inquiry for Registry support was promptly responded to. The decision to not reimburse the expense submitted "after" the private event occurred was proper. To do otherwise would have been a violation of the bylaws and not in the spirit of the Registry.

The Executive Committee is duty bound to act responsibly on behalf of ALL members. I would ask that ALL members reciprocate and stop propagating malicious and Registry damaging mistruths which are occurring here on this forum.

Jerry Downey
Vice president
Please clearly show the members of this registry what malicious and Registry damaging mistruths are being propagated on this forum. I have seen nothing malicious. If you view information on this registry as malicious, then you must know much more than the rest of general members. Please share.:-D

Nick
09-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Please clearly show the members of this registry what malicious and Registry damaging mistruths are being propagated on this forum. I have seen nothing malicious. If you view information on this registry as malicious, then you must know much more than the rest of general members. Please share.:-D
I see no malicious and damaging mistruths being propagated. But yeah, I'd be interested in knowing more too.

IowaZR-1
09-04-2010, 08:05 AM
I can see both sides.....who's fault is it?.......does it really mater?.....it's water under the bridge so to speak.....having been at odds with a younger brother for many many years......nothing was accomplished except lost time we could have spend together....is $875 going to tear us apart into 2 groups?....I surely hope NOT!....let's all learn from each other mistakes and move on after all that is what we are about here isn't it?...the brotherhood of the "Beast" ....sharing and enjoying this fabulous car we love.

ZRWON
09-04-2010, 11:11 AM
I can see both sides.....who's fault is it?.......does it really mater?.....it's water under the bridge so to speak.....having been at odds with a younger brother for many many years......nothing was accomplished except lost time we could have spend together....is $875 going to tear us apart into 2 groups?....I surely hope NOT!....let's all learn from each other mistakes and move on after all that is what we are about here isn't it?...the brotherhood of the "Beast" ....sharing and enjoying this fabulous car we love.
Thank you for your words of wisdom.

I was wondering last night if ZR-1 members in other regions were reading this embarrassing petty crap going on between those in NW region and those mighty ones of power in our Executive branch who demand strict adherence to every detail of the rule book even tho some of us don't know them.
I also wondered if we in NW Region were being punished because Jeff Flint was involved in our great stupid mistake... even if it was caused by Jeff. He paid for his mistakes...NOW, get rid of the "punish bad Jeff" crap and get on with productive things.
From some of the executive's comments I've been reading you'd get the impression they were comanding officers or heads of large corporations; not leaders of a social organization.
We the Registry members are not your minions
I''ve seen too many Corvette clubs go down the tubes because political factions destroyed them. PLEASE, NOT HERE
Is all this petty bickering with things like... he said, or I said or rule 31 said, or it was not a formal event, published to all members, or will he attend. etc, going to be the demise of what we all wanted when we first started this group?
I wasn't invited to the outlawed gathering at Jeff's house...maybe because I never attended onein the past and he/they knew I wouldn't attend this one...who gives a sh3t. It's not a failure of any importance.

It's time we have an attitude adjustment by OUR all powerful executives.
Examine why we exist and what you as leaders should be doing to help the group vs. exerting your authority and tearing us apart.

Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy

Let's resolve to forget yesterday and move on as a group of friends helping one another.
If you don't want to be a team member/player then move on to another sport.
Enuff is Enuff :-x :censored:

1990 415
09-04-2010, 03:22 PM

I was wondering last night if ZR-1 members in other regions were reading this embarrassing petty crap going on between those in NW region and those mighty ones of power in our Executive branch who demand strict adherence to every detail of the rule book even tho some of us don't know them.
I also wondered if we in NW Region were being punished because Jeff Flint was involved in our great stupid mistake... even if it was caused by Jeff. He paid for his mistakes...NOW, get rid of the "punish bad Jeff" crap and get on with productive things.
From some of the executive's comments I've been reading you'd get the impression they were comanding officers or heads of large corporations; not leaders of a social organization.
We the Registry members are not your minions
I''ve seen too many Corvette clubs go down the tubes because political factions destroyed them. PLEASE, NOT HERE
Is all this petty bickering with things like... he said, or I said or rule 31 said, or it was not a formal event, published to all members, or will he attend. etc, going to be the demise of what we all wanted when we first started this group?
I wasn't invited to the outlawed gathering at Jeff's house...maybe because I never attended onein the past and he/they knew I wouldn't attend this one...who gives a sh3t. It's not a failure of any importance.

It's time we have an attitude adjustment by OUR all powerful executives.
Examine why we exist and what you as leaders should be doing to help the group vs. exerting your authority and tearing us apart.

Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy

Let's resolve to forget yesterday and move on as a group of friends helping one another.
If you don't want to be a team member/player then move on to another sport.
I completely agree with you. This is a car club for car guys, not an assembly of bureaucrats who need to follow every bylaw to the letter. ZRWON, would you consider running for president of the Registry. You have the moxie this club really needs:thumbsup:

-=Jeff=-
09-04-2010, 04:16 PM

Yep I read it last night.. Now I am undecided on renewing for next year..

Depending who wins will determine if I renew I think

ZRWON, I agree with 1990 415, I think you as president is what this organization needs

ZRWON
09-04-2010, 04:51 PM
I completely agree with you. This is a car club for car guys, not an assembly of bureaucrats who need to follow every bylaw to the letter. ZRWON, would you consider running for president of the Registry. You have the moxie this club really needs:thumbsup:

I'd like to do more but at my age (77) andwith my health problems I would not be able to serve as needed. Thanks for the nice words!!! Bill

bobbyhi
09-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Ok now you got my dander up:o If an organization has by-laws then they should be followed to the letter. That's why they are there. If the organization decides they will not follow the by-laws what good are they. Are we to choose which we like and which we don't like??? They were put in place for a reason. I, for one, have read the by-laws and they are pretty explicid regarding functions. From what I gather from the posts that the rules were followed as they should have been. Let's get over this and stop this talk about not renewing memberships because of this minor bump in the road. Worse things are likely to happen in your life.:blahblah:

Done with my rant - flame me if you want......:p

4DSZR1
09-04-2010, 09:00 PM
I also wondered if we in NW Region were being punished because Jeff Flint was involved in our great stupid mistake... even if it was caused by Jeff. He paid for his mistakes...NOW, get rid of the "punish bad Jeff" crap and get on with productive things....

This is EXACTLY what this issue is about. I find it sad when egos have power in our social organization.

Rick

Nick
09-06-2010, 01:59 PM
This is EXACTLY what this issue is about. I find it sad when egos have power in our social organization.

Rick
Rick, sadly, this is what it has become. Arrogance reigns supreme in some examples here.
We should just do our own thing, and forget the Registry. That's what apparently is happening for 2010 anyway. We tried!

ZRWON
09-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Ok now you got my dander up:o If an organization has by-laws then they should be followed to the letter. That's why they are there. If the organization decides they will not follow the by-laws what good are they. Are we to choose which we like and which we don't like??? They were put in place for a reason. I, for one, have read the by-laws and they are pretty explicid regarding functions. From what I gather from the posts that the rules were followed as they should have been. Let's get over this and stop this talk about not renewing memberships because of this minor bump in the road. Worse things are likely to happen in your life.:blahblah:

Done with my rant - flame me if you want......:p

You are probably correct about the bylaws but how many members even know what our bylaws say. I've never seen a copy. Is it a secret document for executives only. Any of you other members ever read them? They don't exsit on clay tablets do they?
I've been a member of several social organizations where special circumstances required flexibility and these issues were addressed with with approval by some pre defined number of board members or officers etc. just in caser flexilility was needed
In most large corporations they have documented policies, operating practices, administrative procedures, mission statements, goals etc. With correct lever of management approval decisions for the good of the enity were accomplished as an exception to company docs.
Maybe we need to review exactly what our bylaws state and make changes for flexibility if it's for the betterment of this social organization.

bobbyhi
09-07-2010, 07:38 AM
You are probably correct about the bylaws but how many members even know what our bylaws say. I've never seen a copy. Is it a secret document for executives only. Any of you other members ever read them? They don't exsit on clay tablets do they?
I've been a member of several social organizations where special circumstances required flexibility and these issues were addressed with with approval by some pre defined number of board members or officers etc. just in caser flexilility was needed
In most large corporations they have documented policies, operating practices, administrative procedures, mission statements, goals etc. With correct lever of management approval decisions for the good of the enity were accomplished as an exception to company docs.
Maybe we need to review exactly what our bylaws state and make changes for flexibility if it's for the betterment of this social organization.

I agree with you 100%. However, the bylaws are what they are. The new administration should set up a panel/committee to review them. As in most organizations or corporations there is a time line as to when and how to do this. This should be reviewed and the changes approved by the membership. With age comes wisdom.............:worship:

Aurora40
09-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Wow! I assume most of you have met the people you are talking about? If not, maybe that's the problem. None of the guys I've met have ever struck me as anything other than car guys who enjoy ZR-1's. I've never noticed any arrogance or egotism. And I read Jerry's response. Nothing in that strikes me as anything more than an honest (and appreciated) explanation of his point of view.

The registry has something like 600 members at about $50 per (not counting any merchandising sales, etc). That's ~$30k a year. I for one am glad there is some basic process in place for disbursing that amount of money.

And I can see what Jerry was saying about tarnishing the club's reputation. Now I'm reading how it's some petty payback for Jeff (oddly you all seem more outraged by the club following their rules than you were by financial misappropriation). And how the club laws are some secret that are engraved on a gold ring, only visible with fire (here's a clue, they are right on the registry website: http://www.zr1netregistry.com/member/memberbylaws.htm). There's more drama than daytime TV!

How many people went to this event? It was $875/how many people? The Registry has made their decision to play by the rules they set out. If it's going to cause such bad blood for the NW folks, I'd be willing to chip in a few bucks to help out, I'm sure others would be as well.

bobbyhi
09-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Wow! I assume most of you have met the people you are talking about? If not, maybe that's the problem. None of the guys I've met have ever struck me as anything other than car guys who enjoy ZR-1's. I've never noticed any arrogance or egotism. And I read Jerry's response. Nothing in that strikes me as anything more than an honest (and appreciated) explanation of his point of view.

The registry has something like 600 members at about $50 per (not counting any merchandising sales, etc). That's ~$30k a year. I for one am glad there is some basic process in place for disbursing that amount of money.

And I can see what Jerry was saying about tarnishing the club's reputation. Now I'm reading how it's some petty payback for Jeff (oddly you all seem more outraged by the club following their rules than you were by financial misappropriation). And how the club laws are some secret that are engraved on a gold ring, only visible with fire (here's a clue, they are right on the registry website: http://www.zr1netregistry.com/member/memberbylaws.htm). There's more drama than daytime TV!

How many people went to this event? It was $875/how many people? The Registry has made their decision to play by the rules they set out. If it's going to cause such bad blood for the NW folks, I'd be willing to chip in a few bucks to help out, I'm sure others would be as well.

How much do you need??? I'm willing to chip in also.............Anything to get this resolved.

RICKYRJ1
09-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Am I missing something? Wouldn't the event be listed under the PNW regional area of this forum? If a PNW Z Brother is out of $ I am also willing to send some $ to help offset his expenses.

ZRWON
09-08-2010, 11:17 AM
... And I read Jerry's response. Nothing in that strikes me as anything more than an honest (and appreciated) explanation of his point of view.
... (oddly you all seem more outraged by the club following their rules than you were by financial misappropriation). And how the club laws are some secret that are engraved on a gold ring, only visible with fire (here's a clue, they are right on the registry website: http://www.zr1netregistry.com/member/memberbylaws.htm).

Thanks for the link; I DID READ THE BYLAWS...finally
How and why we are to where we are today is water over the dam.
It all boils down to this:
1, We in the NW had a gathering that for whatever reasons did not follow the bylaws. As a result one of our brothers is out of pocket > $800 that he incurred thinking the Registry would reimburse him.

2. Our executives performed their fiduciary duties followed the bylaws and refused the payment request.
Their position does not allow consideration of anything but facts. Compassion is not an option to them.

BUT, we as ZR-1 owners and registery members can and will help our brother recover his loss.
Nick post your mailing address. We want to send you our support contrinution.
If you get more than your loss save it for another NW event but the next time make sure you have it all documented and there are no loopholes.
Regardless, we can still have a "private" gathering anytime we want even if it's not approved the the head masters.
Now if our commanding officers don't like or approve this, than Section 4 of the bylaws states that a majority of the Executive Board can cancel membeships for the likes of Jeff Flint, aka bad guy, and all of the others including me who have voiced negative opinions and challenged executive authority.
Stripped of our Registry membership we will still have pride of ZR-1 ownership and of being part of the brotherhood that helps their members. :icon_thum

tomcat
09-09-2010, 07:06 PM
All,
How goes the Battle? I really don't know what the issues are but it is about getting together of ZR1 owners, networking & having fun. I don't have no issues with anyone or any ZR1. If you are not on the distro list go to http://pnwzr1.net request to be added to the e-mail list. Lets move on & let NorthWest region be the best & the most active of folks in the ZR1 community.

Manfred E..................:salute:
91 #906

Nick
09-12-2010, 10:24 AM
All,
How goes the Battle? I really don't know what the issues are but it is about getting together of ZR1 owners, networking & having fun. I don't have no issues with anyone or any ZR1. If you are not on the distro list go to http://pnwzr1.net request to be added to the e-mail list. Lets move on & let NorthWest region be the best & the most active of folks in the ZR1 community.

Manfred E..................:salute:
91 #906
It was, as usual, good to see you at the Northwest event, Manfred! :wave:

ZRWON
09-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Nick, have you officially been approved by those in control as our Rergional rep? If not what neeed be done to get this finalized?
As I posted earlier,
How and why we are to where we are today is water over the dam.
It all boils down to this:
1, We in the NW had a gathering that for whatever reasons did not follow the bylaws. As a result one of our brothers is out of pocket > $800 that he incurred thinking the Registry would reimburse him.

2. Our executives performed their fiduciary duties and followed the bylaws; refused the payment request.
Their position does not allow consideration of anything but facts. Compassion is not an option to them.
:(
I want to draw closure on all this crap abnd make the NW region stronger than ever it has been. I now have 2 younger new ZR-1 owners now living within a few miles of us and would like them to become Registry members and be involved in NW region's events void of any future political BS. They both have become members of our local Corvette Club,

MGCC, http://www.majesticglass.org/

Need me to help you in some way to make this reality???
Bill

PS: This fall is very busy for us but come spring, I'll work on a Whidbey Island cruise for us.

Nick
09-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Bill:

Effective as of Spring of 2009, I had resigned as the Northwest Regional Director. I "took it back" unofficially this year to make sure that the Northwest event would happen. As we all know, it happened, whether officially "sanctioned" or not.

I appreciate your support, but I must respectfully decline officially taking the position again. Without Registry financial support, and given the political climate posed by the current Board (and, any successor Board, as far as I can see by the nominations), I cannot, in good conscience, accept. Even the promise of Registry financial support going forward, if we dot all the "i's" and cross all the "t's," does not provide sufficient comfort for me that our event(s) will be supported. I don't trust 'em.

In addition, as I have stated privately to Ron Kreigh, I will not be renewing my membership for 2011. Obviously, money speaks volumes, and I'm hanging onto my money going forward.

Thus goes founding member #32.

Thanks.

4DSZR1
09-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Bill:

Effective as of Spring of 2009, I had resigned as the Northwest Regional Director. I "took it back" unofficially this year to make sure that the Northwest event would happen. As we all know, it happened, whether officially "sanctioned" or not.

I appreciate your support, but I must respectfully decline officially taking the position again. Without Registry financial support, and given the political climate posed by the current Board (and, any successor Board, as far as I can see by the nominations), I cannot, in good conscience, accept. Even the promise of Registry financial support going forward, if we dot all the "i's" and cross all the "t's," does not provide sufficient comfort for me that our event(s) will be supported. I don't trust 'em.

In addition, as I have stated privately to Ron Kreigh, I will not be renewing my membership for 2011. Obviously, money speaks volumes, and I'm hanging onto my money going forward.

Thus goes founding member #32.

Thanks.

Ouch.... :(