PDA

View Full Version : CORVETTE CHALLENGE! ITS OFFICIAL!

XfireZ51
08-23-2010, 09:34 PM
FBI'rs start your engines!

:salute:Hello All,

It is official! The 3rd Annual All Corvettes Drag Day will be Oct 23rd at US41. This is the only date available in Oct. We also have the following Sat, Oct 30 as a raindate. Although I had 25 willing travelers from here and an email from governor of the NCCC of MI to get them to join in, I believe the issues with helmets, convertibles and roll cages would be an issue. Fortunately, US41 is a bit more lax in that dept. I will create a flyer and start promoting amongst the other clubs as well as corvette forums. A flyer will be forwarded to you soon.

As last year, we cannot afford to rent the track at his cost (which he doubled on us since the first time http://mail.yimg.com/a/i/mesg/tsmileys2/12.gif) so participants will be paying $25 for drivers and $12 per spectator at the gate to him. A supplimental fee to join in our competition will once again be collected at our tent. Most likely $10 or $15.

Because of the situation, this year will not be for a charity. We simply cannot clear enough to make it worth while to select a charity. Most all of the income (after expenses) from the day will go back into better awards for the racers. I will speak with some sponsors and see what happens. If I can get enough response from them, I will select a charity. If not, as I said, it will go into better prizes for us. Let you know on that one.

More details to follow, but just wanted to keep you in the loop.

Start spreading the word!

Thanks and have a great week! If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Jeff Graystone
Club President & Webmaster
Crown Point Corvette Club
http://www.crownpointvettes.org/ (http://www.crownpointvettes.org/)

XfireZ51
08-25-2010, 11:04 PM
OK. Who's planning on coming?

LGAFF
08-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Tentative, I know I travel to Mystic, CT sometime in Oct

XfireZ51
08-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Tentative, I know I travel to Mystic, CT sometime in Oct

The 23rd is a Saturday.

Paul Workman
08-26-2010, 01:36 PM
OK. Who's planning on coming?

I'll be there, Dom. WILL YOU??? ;) This is the event that was the match to the fuse that got me interested in modding my Z. Heaven knows I've "paid the dues" for this event. I hope to be able to make a good impression!

The first year a couple highlights (for Dom, Pete, and me) was watching Pete's lil 'ol stock-bottom 350 blow away all comers, including some C6 Z06s - Pete turning in 3 runs of 11.43ish and 129.xx mph! Comments overheard in the stands ranged from, "Oh, just a C4" the first time a Z lined up to "Hey! It's one of those ZR-1s again!" Last year the weather above I-80 scared away all but Ken and Jim Mac and his wife, and me. However, the weather was perfect (and y'all missed a good one!)

I've been after Hans for the graphic file for the FBI T-shirts - so we can make some more Ts and maybe some sweatshirts or jackets as well. I gather he hasn't aquired it from his son (the actual artist that did the original T-shirts), but I'll 'ping' Hans again.

HEY HANS!!!!

It would be terrific fun! Maybe Todd will bring his monster 427 project too. And, we need Pete, Al, Kevin, and Bob G's big guns there to shake the dew off the lillies! Need all the "Z"s we can find:thumbsup:

P.

-=Jeff=-
08-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Nope, no good for me..

Alex's last Soccer game is 12:45 that day

Toyvet1
08-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Nope, no good for me..

Alex's last Soccer game is 12:45 that day

Ask Deb to video it, that way you can enjoy it more than just the once,,,,,

XfireZ51
08-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Ask Deb to video it, that way you can enjoy it more than just the once,,,,,

Ken,

Bravo for the suggestion! I assume you'll be coming then?

Toyvet1
08-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Sure am , just need to find a two headed coin to decide what car to take,,

XfireZ51
08-29-2010, 10:09 PM
http://crownpointvettes.org/2010dragday.htm

More Information. Who's going to be the "president" of the FBI'rs?

Paul Workman
09-01-2010, 11:45 AM
http://crownpointvettes.org/2010dragday.htm

More Information. Who's going to be the "president" of the FBI'rs?

I guess we could hold an election at the track, yes? (We wouldn't want to start getting "formal" or anything, ya know...;))

The list of aggregate (agg) times of the different clubs (formal or virtual) were not published for the previous 2 Challenges..anywhere I saw. The winners were published, and I seem to remember the winning agg last year was 12.3ish?? - but no aggs for the other clubs. Just wondering what is the "number" to beat!?

I really think maybe the FBI was the winner on year 1, and perhaps somehow our entry got lost in the last minute shuffle to establish a "team"? Maybe not, but Pete's Green Monster ran 3 consistant runs in the 11.4x times, Dom was 12.7-8 ish, and my best (stock) was 13.1. That would have given us a 3-member agg of 12.4x, and if I recall NO OTHER even got into the 11s that day - including a codre of C6 Z06s and turbo C5s!

Well, you can see root of my desire to do some mods... Being the slowest, albeit stock, if Pete could wring out an 11.3, and a couple somebodies of the rest could eek out even just a 12.5 and a 12.8, we'd agg 12.2 which would have been a winner last year, if I'm not mistaken! Does that get your hearts pumpin? It did mine - 2 years ago!

Sure would be grand to see those big 441 and 427 LT5 "thunder buggies" out there too! (Can't let the "lil' ol' 350s do all the heavy lifting for the FBI, can we?:dancing)

P.

XfireZ51
09-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Just a reminder. Who's gonna be there??!!!

jimmac28
09-24-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm going for it. :cheers:

XfireZ51
09-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Bout time. Who else?