PDA

View Full Version : Im moving to PA blairsville/indiana area

phrogs
07-23-2010, 12:35 PM
So anyone from there? It will be for about a year

I have been to PA a bunch of times before with friends years ago, to philly west chester sounds very familiar I want to say thats where we had the Marine Corps leauge ball every year, very cool!

and of course I have been to Carlisle but never ventured west!!

guess ill be closer to the burg but whatever maybe Ill get to see some desent sporting events!

WB9MCW
07-23-2010, 07:45 PM
PHROGGY

OHIO is in the way b4 you will get to INDIANA

At least you will be able to get a Philly Steak Sandwich easy now.

Have a good save move buddy! Mr. Keystone

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/HAMMERHATE/geography-of-pennsylvania4.gif

phrogs
07-23-2010, 11:25 PM
You know there is a town called Indiana, PA:blahblah:

WB9MCW
07-24-2010, 06:24 PM
You know there is a town called Indiana, PA:blahblah:

Well ya got me on that on Mr Frog

Even a county called Indiana as well.

From Wiki >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana,_Pennsylvania

Indiana is a borough in Indiana County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 14,895 at the 2000 census. It is the county seat of Indiana County.

Indiana was the birthplace and hometown of actor Jimmy Stewart (1908-1997), who was born there and lived at 104 North 7th Street. Despite the fact that he left the area upon graduating from high school, the town always followed his career closely, with the local newspaper periodically publishing rumors in his later years that Stewart planned to return there to live. On May 20, 1983, Stewart was given a 75th birthday celebration by the town, after which he never made another public appearance in the area. Before Stewart's death, a museum to his memory was opened on the third floor of the local public library, and a bronze statue of Stewart was erected in his honor at the county courthouse during his 75th birthday. The town annually holds a Jimmy Stewart film festival as part of the town's "It's a Wonderful Life" holiday celebration.

Ya learn something new every day I always say!!! :cheers:

phrogs
07-26-2010, 01:57 AM
Yeah Im going to try and see if I can get a job at Jimmy Stwert airport working on planes so we will see!

I had no idea there was one either until I looked at the map of the area!

Jagdpanzer
07-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Well pilgrem if there is an airport named after John Wayne it only makes sinse that there would be one named after Jimmy Stewart some where

Kevin
07-26-2010, 10:25 AM
pa is a nice place to live, i miss it there. can't say i know much about that area though

Rex Ruby
07-29-2010, 09:05 AM
You're about 5 hours from Philly and in the middle of some real nice country and vette roads!

BlackWidow#2
09-11-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm on the other side of Pittsburgh from you.
I sent you an email on corvette show tomorrow at Day Chevrolet in Monroeville PA, route 286. Rain or shine
Hope to see you there,
George Crouse

secondchance
11-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Best of luck at your new home!