PDA

View Full Version : jvd BBQ NEWS-THE LATEST FROM ERIC

vandornjim
06-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 12:36 PM
To: Jim Van Dorn; Dad Egelstad; Donna
Subject: DVD

Well, not sure what to say or how to say what the DVD means to me. I have been up for 21 hours, been gone most of the day, came back to prep and do it again tomorrow, but i had to watch the dvd 3 times, and send this email before i went to bed. Let's just say I'm glad i watched it by myself and not in front of the boys, just can not say to you how much this touched my family and me.

Jim, I really appreciate the video, the auction and support you are giving my Soldiers and myself, it makes you proud to be an American when there are people like you who dont just say, "Let us support the Soldiers", you actually do it, and do it in a big way.

The boys are excited, i have told them all about what is going on, and they can not wait to see them boxes!! It does not take much for them to get excited over here, it is the small things for sure.

Jim, again thanks for the DVD, it was awesome and it motivates me to keep on working hard to do our job over here and keep the boys safe and bring them all home.

Thanks Again,

Eric

?Air Force One come in?
?El Sarge Eric,
I entered the Corvette world and soon therafter I met a guy named Jerry Watts. He worked at the Corvette Plant and he invited my brother in law and myself to the plant for their 10th anniversary Open House. We waited months until the time came and finally hopped a plane to Nashville. The next day we came to the plant, dialed his extension, and he came out grinning from ear to ear. The first thing he did was introduce me to some guy named Tommy Morrison who spoke like a true southern gentleman. Jerry went on to spend the entire day with us and what a day it was.

I said I would never forget his hospitality and I never have. Jerry and I still talk frequently.

Since then, the Corvette has been the object that has brought us some of the best life experiences a person can have. We?ve been able to help a lot of folks, bring a few some memories, say thanks to a few, and even make a modest living at it. Our 3 children make me as proud as a man can be they were right there in the middle of the Corvette hobby throughout the years.

As a former Air Force Sgt, I remember those days when clean clothes were a luxury, heck sometimes I still wear the same underwear for 5-6 days?. :-)
(KIDDING!!)

I also come from the desert so I know what it can do to you and how tough it can be. Heck, I remember one day I got out in my ?88 coupe after 36 holes of golf and couldn?t believe the temp reading was 126! Now THAT was tough let me tell ya. :-)

I can?t help but notice in your email that you thank me personally but let me tell you what you already know: In every venture from Thunder at Stillwater to Pirate Racing, I was lucky enough to be a part of a terrific team. Our teams did lots of good stuff. We came to the NCM?s aid when neded, another time we knocked a Porsche off the racetrack to spoil his season and replenish Corvette's honor. But all in all there was always a group we could count on. It has been my honor to be able to lead those teams from time to time.

This Gathering BBQ was the result of the efforts of many. Some cut up vegetables, others decorated, still others did technical stuff. We had one goal in mind. Make people glad they came and maybe make sure they might remember you guys over there. By bringing you and your family in as the Guests of Honor, we made it personal to all of them. And it has made this ?ol mean ugly guy?s day too.

So straighten up and stand tall soldier. Make them guys beg for every sunflower seed. And remember, a big bubble gum wad makes a formidable weapon. You lay them on the roadways on your way in (cover slightly with sand) and if they?re missing on the way out, watch yer A$$! Ever see a Tootsie Pop through a Starlight scope?

"It?s not about the car, it?s about the people" Douglas K. Johnson, 1950-2003

Jvd & the mutt:cool:

p.s. I'm still raising funds for future shipments. Lately, I've been including a copy of the DVD with all ebay purchases. YOU'RE FAMOUS!!