PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE VOTE FOR MY BAND TO OPEN FOR KISS!!!!

LORDVDR
06-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Gents,

PLEASE GO TO THIS LINK AND VOTE FOR MY BAND ALIVE-N-KICKIN' TO GET THE OPPURTUNITY TO OPEN FOR LEGENDARY ROCKERS KISS!!!! THIS IS NO JOKE!! WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE LEAD IN BRISTOW,VA.!!!!http://eventful.com/competitions/kiss2010/bristow

THANKS

STEVE

www.Alive-N-Kickin.net (http://www.Alive-N-Kickin.net):worship:

QB93Z
06-12-2010, 07:39 AM
I voted. I hope you get the gig. Keep us posted.

Jim

Hammer
06-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Done. Good luck.

LT5-1935
06-12-2010, 07:26 PM
DONE, GOOD LUCK

secondchance
06-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Done.
Good luck!

ZRGator
06-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Done....keep us posted on the results...

WB9MCW
06-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Good luck --- I voted for ya but my zip code may have knocked me out -- not sure!

But hey we did it 4 ya pal.

LORDVDR
06-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks fellas!! Now clear out the cookies on your computer and vote again! Also, please tell everyone you can to vote as well. We are currently in 1st place. Voting goes until August 7th. The show is August 21st.

GrayZ
06-18-2010, 02:31 PM
I voted, i actually got to see Kiss play in St. Louis, back in the day. :cool:

LORDVDR
07-02-2010, 09:56 PM
as of today 7-2-10,we are currently in the lead with 1800 votes. The contest goes until 8-7-10 and the concert is 8-21-10. So thanx so far fellas!! Keep spreading the word.

Here's a cool story. My band has been recording a new cd. We have an instrumental tune that was called Glenn in E Minor. We decided we wanted some car sounds overdubbed on it, just like Kiss' Detroit Rock City. So we took LORDVDR up to the studio to have him make a cameo.

We found a nice stretch of road in a nearby industrial park, pretty nuch abondoned on a Sunday. Set up some mics and a digital recorder and had at it!! We got some great audio of the car starting up,revving up, and squealing wheels!! Then a few runs flying by at @ 80mph. On each run you here the car coming and going,THEN the air rushing by a second later!!

We then took the recordings back into the studio to start editing. As we listened to the playback it actually clipped the studio speakers!! Studio Speakers are EXPENSIVE and can handle most anything. According to the digital readout on our computer, LORDVDR generated 148 DECIBALS on One RUN!!!!!!! That is louder than a jet taking off!!!

The recording should be done in August, cant wait until everyone can hear it. The song that was called "Glenn in E Minor" has been renamed to;

"LIFE AT 180"!!!!

WB9MCW
07-03-2010, 04:05 AM
Now that is a really KOOL thing you have done.

Can't wait until you have the song ready for us all to hear -- MySpace no doubt!!

Good Luck on the contest. Keep us posted here.

secondchance
07-03-2010, 09:53 AM
as of today 7-2-10,we are currently in the lead with 1800 votes. The contest goes until 8-7-10 and the concert is 8-21-10. So thanx so far fellas!! Keep spreading the word.

Here's a cool story. My band has been recording a new cd. We have an instrumental tune that was called Glenn in E Minor. We decided we wanted some car sounds overdubbed on it, just like Kiss' Detroit Rock City. So we took LORDVDR up to the studio to have him make a cameo.

We found a nice stretch of road in a nearby industrial park, pretty nuch abondoned on a Sunday. Set up some mics and a digital recorder and had at it!! We got some great audio of the car starting up,revving up, and squealing wheels!! Then a few runs flying by at @ 80mph. On each run you here the car coming and going,THEN the air rushing by a second later!!

We then took the recordings back into the studio to start editing. As we listened to the playback it actually clipped the studio speakers!! Studio Speakers are EXPENSIVE and can handle most anything. According to the digital readout on our computer, LORDVDR generated 148 DECIBALS on One RUN!!!!!!! That is louder than a jet taking off!!!

The recording should be done in August, cant wait until everyone can hear it. The song that was called "Glenn in E Minor" has been renamed to;

"LIFE AT 180"!!!!

Way cool! Steve.salute

LORDVDR
08-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Gents,

The contest ends this Friday at 5pm. We are in 1st place but not by much. I f you have voted already, clear the cookies on your computer and vote again with a different email. Also tell ALL your friends or contacts plaease!!!

Steve

limey
08-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Send me your info, i may be able to get you a hook up. I've got direct access to KISS corporate attorneys and concert manager.

PM would be best.

ZZZZZR1
08-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Send me your info, i may be able to get you a hook up. I've got direct access to KISS corporate attorneys and concert manager.

PM would be best.

Kurt,

This group is incredible.... You wouldn't be sticking your neck out for a crappy band!

Good Luck Steve!

:cheers:

David

LORDVDR
08-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Thanx David!!

ZRGator
08-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Okay....just voted again from my new notebook....good luck!

LORDVDR
08-10-2010, 11:55 PM
The contest ended Friday at 5pm. We were in 1st place. The contest considers the top 5 bands so we are waiting for the results. Being the top vote getter should help, but my ulcer is growing minute by minute!!

I do have the finished recording of the instrumental song with LORDVDR on it. I will try to upload it here. Someone tell me how!!

LORDVDR
08-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey Guys.

Kiss Chose another one of the top 5 bands. Thanks for all the support.

Here is the link to the song i referenced above. It is titled magnun opus but it will be changed to "LIfe at 180" when the cd comes out.

http://www.myspace.com/alivenkickin/music/playlists/featured-songs-26647?ap=1

bobbyhi
08-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Bummer Steve.....:cry:

WB9MCW
08-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Hey Guys.

Kiss Chose another one of the top 5 bands. Thanks for all the support.

Here is the link to the song i referenced above. It is titled magnun opus but it will be changed to "LIfe at 180" when the cd comes out.

http://www.myspace.com/alivenkickin/music/playlists/featured-songs-26647?ap=1

Such a shame they did not go with you guys! Esp since you were the winner on votes -- total pisser

Luv the Live at 180 song -- really great esp knowing it is your Z on the recording.

The Move My Way song kicks azz as well.

I am afraid that unless you are a member of Myspace the link will not work for you. Well that gives you all a reason to join Myspace and join my "Vette Owners Group"

>>> http://groups.myspace.com/WB9MCW

LORDVDR
08-15-2010, 10:36 PM
I'll try to get a more public link but not sure how to do it. With that said, if you can burn the track to CD and play it thru a big stereo or good car system, it will shake your foundations!!! The car generated 148 decibals !!!!! On the computer speakers it just sounds like a fart!!