PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no two-way Registry communication medium?

Aurora40
04-07-2010, 08:02 AM
The email listserv specifically for Registry members is the ZR1NETREG@listserv.corvettemuseum.com email list. However, it does not allow posting to it by all list members.

Here there is a "Registry Club News" section of the forum, but it is available to all and postable by all forum members.

There is no means of member communication that is members-only. I suspect this is why so much club business is getting discussed publicly, because people have no private outlet for it.

Would it be possible to change the ZR1NETREG listserv so that members can post to it?

QB93Z
04-07-2010, 08:18 AM
I agree with you Bob.

scottfab
04-07-2010, 10:30 AM
wow, good point!

zr1mom
04-07-2010, 01:04 PM
The reason it is one way was to avoid members from using it as "how do I fix something" traffic. The purpose of this list was to update members on what's happening around club matters not to use it as a public open forum. Not all members like getting lots of emails.

However on that note for now I will open it to 2 way traffic and see what happens. If it turns into a bitch session I will shut it off again.

scottfab
04-07-2010, 01:18 PM
And so this forum would be for board member issues and club funds and?
Just trying to get the scope.

Dynomite
04-07-2010, 01:19 PM
If it turns into a bitch session I will shut it off again.

That does not sound like a "mom" :mrgreen:

Rex Ruby
04-07-2010, 04:25 PM
That's one thing that needs to happen sooner than later.

Rex Ruby
04-07-2010, 04:33 PM
I will open it to 2 way traffic

Not on, doesn't work:cheers:

zr1mom
04-07-2010, 06:42 PM
I have a real job, just got home. :-D

Should be open now.

DDSLT5
04-08-2010, 12:47 AM

=D>

Locobob
04-08-2010, 03:52 AM

Should be open now.

Can we give Dave a "Beacon on reality award" on the forum??? :mrgreen:

scottfab
04-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Well we could but... um I don't want this to sound like bitching but....
ain't working. Use of
ZR1NETREG@listserv.corvettemuseum.com
results in rejected mail.
What am I missing?

Dynomite
04-08-2010, 11:52 AM
ain't working. Use of
What am I missing?

This IS a possibility :mrgreen:

If it turns into a bitch session I will shut it off again.

Or...maybe you are on the "LIST" :sign10:

Just teasing as we have enough of the rumors for a while ;)
I think it all started on April 1 and no one has said "April Fools" yet :thumbsup:

ZZZZZR1
04-08-2010, 02:18 PM
ain't working. Use of
What am I missing?

Give Dave some time... He is working on lots of "non" registry work.

Maybe this weekend, :mrgreen:

scottfab
04-08-2010, 02:37 PM
There's no implied time limit for the fix but I bet
Mom can speak for himself. As for
being on the "list", I'm certain that's true.
I haven't drunk any cool-aid either so I still think interdependently. :)

zr1mom
04-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Ok, hopefully it's open now, thanks!

Aurora40
04-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks Mom! :cheers:

Hammer
04-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Just tried posting to the members only Listserver, below is what I received. Did opening it turn into a bitch session? Any updates to the treasury deal or any other info through the members only listserver would be appreciated. Thanks.

You are not authorized to send mail to the ZR1NETREG list from your hdtc88s@HOTMAIL.COM account. You might be authorized to post to the list from another account, or perhaps when using another mail program configured to use a different email address. However, LISTSERV has no way to associate this other account or address with yours. If you need assistance or if you have any questions regarding the policy of the ZR1NETREG list, please contact the list owners at ZR1NETREG-request@LISTSERV.CORVETTEMUSEUM.COM.

zr1mom
04-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Sorry but I tried it and it didn't work out, we lost 6 to 8 members in the first couple of days because many members don't want to see that kind of traffic going back and fourth. We tried it just didn't work.

Thanks,

Dynomite
04-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Any updates to the treasury deal. Thanks.

Hi :mrgreen:

Any more, I just concern myself with Corvette Babes :thumbsup:

I assume you are talking about the United States Treasury :)

You should be asking Secretary Timothy Geithner about that :sign10:

Are you ready for BG :cheers:
Have fun on that trip :thumbsup:

Hammer
04-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Hi :mrgreen:

Are you ready for BG :cheers:
Have fun on that trip :thumbsup:

Yep, all ready. Had to change by speedoo gears back to 3:45's ysterday, kid didn't get them done. Shaked it down today, rockin' cept my *&^^%*^(* secondary check valve isn't holding. Got a wrap with a check valve (outside the plenum) on it that works for now. I think the canister under the plenum is dirty and that's what's causing the CV to quit working. Thanks to Dwight for that tip.

Aurora40
05-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Sorry but I tried it and it didn't work out, we lost 6 to 8 members in the first couple of days because many members don't want to see that kind of traffic going back and fourth. We tried it just didn't work.

Thanks,

While it seems unsuccessful to just ask people to keep their peanut gallery crap out of the official listserv, it is possible to moderate a listserv similar to how a forum is moderated. Mails sent are not sent to the group until a moderator approves them.

It seems unfortunate that there is no official communication medium simply because a few members want to spam the group with how long they've been around, or how their dog is doing.

Rex Ruby
05-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Easy answer, this forum should be for members only.

zr1mom
05-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Or if someone has a question just email me. zr1net@zr1.net

DaveK
05-23-2010, 10:43 AM
I would also like to know the answers to the questions posted by Rex Ruby the day before yesterday. This post has been subsequently deleted, obviously this issue is ruffling some feathers, but I still believe that the members deserve to know the answers to what is going on.

Secrecy, deleted posts, trying to brush things under the carpet? These never turn out to be good things in the long run.

Z Factor
05-23-2010, 08:49 PM
I would suggest everyone take Dave up on his offer in post #24 either via email or PM, rather than continuing to make these type of public posts. There is nothing to hide, but there is also nothing to be gained airing dirty laundry in public.

:cheers:

Hammer
05-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Jeff has returned all records and the money has been repaid. There really is nothing left. The board will vote on whether Jeff stays a member (if he wants to) soon.

Just thought you all might want to know this. I won't be posting anymore, but as Z Factor mentioned, feel free to email Dave or Ron with any questions. Dave answered me very quickly.

Aurora40
05-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Secrecy, deleted posts, trying to brush things under the carpet? These never turn out to be good things in the long run.

I would suggest everyone take Dave up on his offer in post #24 either via email or PM, rather than continuing to make these type of public posts. There is nothing to hide, but there is also nothing to be gained airing dirty laundry in public.

That is great that Dave is responsive and helpful via email. However, is this the explanation for deleting posts and secrecy?

I'll simply mention again, that it seems clear people want to discuss registry business. There is currently no way to do this without airing it publicly... Thus, that is what happens.

Huntingbigun
05-23-2010, 10:44 PM
I am a new guy but it is pretty simple to have a private section on the forum for members only.

we have them on Southern Airboat and have 7500 members so we have a lot more drama than here. Average 120 people online at any given day. We call it the board for site supporters only.
I also have a members only on my airboat club site, I for one am glad they shut down the email thing I do not need to know when your dog pissed on your tires . GO to facebook and have at it.

Maybe a question to ask do you want the site to grow and help promote the ZR-1 and help new owners & potential new buyers to see the value of these cars or be a private club. Seems that the simple thing is to have a board section and you can carry on all you want and the public can not see it. That way you can have both, this site has been a big help to me for sure Thanks

z proud
05-24-2010, 08:28 AM
I would also like to know the answers to the questions posted by Rex Ruby the day before yesterday. This post has been subsequently deleted, obviously this issue is ruffling some feathers, but I still believe that the members deserve to know the answers to what is going on.

Agreed!

Rex Ruby
05-24-2010, 11:20 AM

Thanks DaveK. I knew I wan't the only one wanting to know.

I have not problem emailing or PMing Dave.
I'd just like to see the Registry leadership post the status.
This is a general membership issue of all being informed.

Jeff has returned all records and the money has been repaid. There really is nothing left. The board will vote on whether Jeff stays a member (if he wants to) soon.

Just thought you all might want to know this. I won't be posting anymore, but as Z Factor mentioned, feel free to email Dave or Ron with any questions. Dave answered me very quickly.

Hammer, Not to question your post but did a board member direct you to post this? If the above statement is accurate that would be good news.
BUT this news needs to come from the board.

That is great that Dave is responsive and helpful via email. However, is this the explanation for deleting posts and secrecy?

I'll simply mention again, that it seems clear people want to discuss registry business. There is currently no way to do this without airing it publicly... Thus, that is what happens.

Issues like this demonstrate the original intent of this thread.

I am a new guy but it is pretty simple to have a private section on the forum for members only.

we have them on Southern Airboat and have 7500 members so we have a lot more drama than here. Average 120 people online at any given day. We call it the board for site supporters only.
I also have a members only on my airboat club site, I for one am glad they shut down the email thing I do not need to know when your dog pissed on your tires . GO to facebook and have at it.

Maybe a question to ask do you want the site to grow and help promote the ZR-1 and help new owners & potential new buyers to see the value of these cars or be a private club. Seems that the simple thing is to have a board section and you can carry on all you want and the public can not see it. That way you can have both, this site has been a big help to me for sure Thanks

It maybe a little less simple than that but with today's software it can be done!

Agreed!
Thanks Bill!

Dynomite
05-24-2010, 04:53 PM

You won't be posting anymore :rolleyes:
Oh...I get it.....you will not be posting anymore about "records" and "money" :D

I assume you made it to and back from BG in fine shape and the 91' Z ran perfectly both ways with the (as I recall) new 410's differential ;)

How many miles did you put on the Z during the BG trip?

rkreigh
05-24-2010, 09:12 PM
the issues have been resolved. but it's not at all in the clubs best interest to continue to beat this dead horse (it still won't run the derby)

the mods deleted posts that weren't factual, as any mods do based on best guidance.

and I stated the facts, to correct the "rumour mill" which doesn't do us any favors by stirring things up.

the issue has been dealt with to the best of our abilities, not happy???

run for office, step up and run it better!!

thanks for your understanding, the dirty laundry has been washed and hung up to dry, not any secrets, so don't look for them.

Rex Ruby
05-24-2010, 10:34 PM
run for office, step up and run it better!!

You can count on that come election time:handshak: