PDA

View Full Version : decal installation

ZRWON
03-24-2010, 01:12 AM
I have a friend with a '82 Collectors Edition that has been restored. she now needs an experienced professional person the Seattle area to install the original decals on her cars. She has the decals. Please let me know if you know of someone to trust with this installation

GOLDCYLON
03-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Maybe Jeff Flint knows someone as he lives in the WA area? :dontknow:

jrd1990zr1
03-25-2010, 02:30 PM
I have a friend with a '78 Collectors Edition that has been restored. she now needs an experienced professional person the Seattle area to install the original decals on her cars. She has the decals. Please let me know if you know of someone to trust with this installation

Make sure she checks the NCRS judging manual for the MY. Some require the decals to be in a box behind the seat for judging purposes. I have seen some deductions made for decals installed.

NCRS judges a car as delivered from the plant. For many MYs the dealer applied the decals.

Kevin
03-25-2010, 09:50 PM
the collectors edition had no decals on it that I recall, the pace car did and the stickers should not be on the car

TommyL
04-01-2010, 11:16 PM
The decals on the 82 Collectors were installed at the factory. There were light to dark faded decals on the hood/sides and a solid pin striping. Good luck with finding a place... these are very neat cars. :thumbsup:

WB9MCW
04-02-2010, 02:36 AM
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/HAMMERHATE/82CollectorsEditionVeteA.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/HAMMERHATE/82CollectorsEditionVete.jpg

Corvette95
05-23-2010, 02:05 AM
I have a friend with a '82 Collectors Edition that has been restored. she now needs an experienced professional person the Seattle area to install the original decals on her cars. She has the decals. Please let me know if you know of someone to trust with this installation
think the decals are not installed until car gets to the dealer and the at customers request. It gets more points in a box rolled up and installed on the car than being install for ncrs.

Toyvet1
11-02-2010, 10:27 PM
I remember being at Fencl -Tufo Chevy and seeing a 1982 Collector Edtion being unloaded to the dealer and the decals were on the car.....