PDA

View Full Version : Performance Chip Question

Patton
11-23-2005, 06:11 PM
http://www.acsvette.com/chips.html

At Mr. Crowley's site, he mentiones the removal of secondaries as a feature in his performance chips. What the junk is that about? Anybody?

Aurora40
11-23-2005, 08:50 PM
I believe he'll add programming to deal with the removal of the secondaries if you've done that to your car.

bobbyhi
11-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Not being too mechanical, I don't understand the reasoning of removing the secondaries. I thought that was so special to the Z's.

tomtom72
11-24-2005, 08:23 AM
I think it is a case of having both injectors serving the fuel needs all the time. I believe Cliff, LoTu5, from London has this set up on a 418 cu in motor. I don't understand all of the theory behind it. I guess you eliminate all those secondary parts so they can't fail on you?

A thought...I would guess when the motor gets on the cams the transition is less dramatic? I mean nothing is blocking the air flow thru the other ports and the injectors are already adjusting the A/F ratio so the big power is just there all the time?? I'm wondering if those cars must feel like an old rat motor from the 60's & 70's? I once drove my friend's 396/350 camaro & it was way different than my LT-1. The 396 felt like a stump puller from way down low in the rev band where the sb needs to get some revs up before anything happens.

:cheers:
Tom

FU
11-24-2005, 10:25 AM
The stroker engine's may benefit from removing the secondaries. Tuning is a fine tooth blade also.
For a stock CUI or even a 368 car removing the secondaries would probably hurt the car .

I'm more impressed with the top end car's putting out 420 + RWHP .

Patton
11-24-2005, 02:52 PM
My sentiments exactly... Thats my goal actually. Squeeze as much out of the top end/exhaust and other small things here and there without changing the displacement. Although im still alittle uneasy about porting for some reason, I just dont like the idea of taking metal off. Tweeks a nerve in me. :icon_scra