PDA

View Full Version : Samco Hose

bobbyhi
02-24-2010, 08:36 PM
My red Samco air duct has become very dull looking. Any of you waxers out there have any tips on how to get the shine back???:icon_scra I have cleaned it but the red is really dull. Thanks....:handshak:

Dynomite
02-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Do you have a picture of your engine with red Samco hoses :thumbsup:
Is you engine silver powder coated or gray?
Did you get all red Samco coolant hoses?

Jeffvette
02-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Do you have a picture of your engine with red Samco hoses :thumbsup:
Is you engine silver powder coated or gray?
Did you get all red Samco coolant hoses?

The engine is bright white.

bobbyhi
02-24-2010, 09:36 PM
The engine is bright white.

Jeff did the white powder coating and yes I have all red hoses.

Dynomite
02-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Jeff did the white powder coating and yes I have all red hoses.

I just noticed....you have a white 90' . Those red Samco hoses must look spectacular with a white powder coated engine :cheers:

bobbyhi
02-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Here is a pic of the beast....

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/bobbyhi21/DSC00032.jpg

Dynomite
02-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Here is a pic of the beast....

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/bobbyhi21/DSC00032.jpg

Very nice :thumbsup::thumbsup: I must say.....I now like white :mrgreen: and that engine white powder coating was a great choice :cheers:

bobbyhi
02-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I'm pretty proud of her - gets driven alot and have over 70K on the clock. I won a few trophies at shows when the engine was power coated silver but since I changed it to white it wins every time.:thumbsup: Gets alot of attention at the shows..............

DaveK
02-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Hey Bob

I use 303 aerospace on mine and they always seem to shine. Don't know if you've tried that yet. Has something actually stuck to the surface of the hoses? Seems unlikely the way you look after her.

Dave

bobbyhi
02-26-2010, 02:16 PM
I think that I tried using some type of cleaner and it was the culprit for the dull finish. I think I have some of the 303 so I will give it a try. Upper 20's here today and some of the snow is melting. Probably be driving in a month or so.....:dancing Say "hi" to Hil for me and Emma.

DaveK
02-26-2010, 02:47 PM
I think that I tried using some type of cleaner and it was the culprit for the dull finish. I think I have some of the 303 so I will give it a try. Upper 20's here today and some of the snow is melting. Probably be driving in a month or so.....:dancing Say "hi" to Hil for me and Emma.

Non-silicon friendly cleaner? That's a pain. Good for you with the weather though, hope it keeps up! Still way too cold here, though next week is supposed to be warmer. Don't think we'll be out before April at the very earliest. :(

bobbyhi
02-26-2010, 07:21 PM
The 303 only cleaned it. Didn't shine. I just tried the Zaino tire dressing and it put a little shine. Says to put on another coat for more shine (for tires). I am still on a quest:pray

DaveK
02-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Bob, do you remember what you used that affected the surface? Would be good to know what to avoid. Sorry the 303 didn't help.

Just did a search on the web and found this:

http://www.silishine.com/

That might help. It looks like a UK company but there may be local distributors. If it helps, I have family over there that could get some and send it over.

Looks like they're looking for distributors - maybe Adam's could hook up with them! :)

bobbyhi
02-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Bob, do you remember what you used that affected the surface? Would be good to know what to avoid. Sorry the 303 didn't help.

Just did a search on the web and found this:

http://www.silishine.com/

That might help. It looks like a UK company but there may be local distributors. If it helps, I have family over there that could get some and send it over.

Looks like they're looking for distributors - maybe Adam's could hook up with them! :)

I think it was Zepp Cleaner and Degreaser. Not sure but I think that was it. I emailed Silishine and asked about shipping, etc. If it doesn't work out I will probably let you know and have you relatives send a couple of cans over. The quest continues..............:mrgreen:

ZR-1Mikko
03-02-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm sure you have probably already tried armor all, but I thought I would mention it. It has always worked good for my samco duct...

bobbyhi
03-03-2010, 08:23 AM
I'm sure you have probably already tried armor all, but I thought I would mention it. It has always worked good for my samco duct...

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try Armor-All but still no shine. Everything that I have tried separates and turns to water base. The silicone is non-porus so nothing can sink in. I have ordered the Silshine that Dave K. found. The only place to get it is in the UK. There are no distributors here in the US. Maybe Limey could take on the line??