PDA

View Full Version : I've had it...who's next?

cuisinartvette
11-19-2005, 02:30 AM
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1237960&forum_id=24

WB9MCW
11-21-2005, 11:30 PM
CAV u know we all get into things sometimes way beyond what we thought/relized/wanted/planned!!! Take my 84 vette I bought it for 5k, hell it only had 52k on the meter and it had a decent repaint job..then i dropped another $8.500.00 into her...a little at a time..new exhaust, fix the ac, new 373 rear end swap out, complete tune up and fluids change out..and other small trim items ect...by the time I added it all up 13.5k invested...been tryin to sell her 4 two years now and I cant even get 7k for her...so u know what im keepin her cause im not gonna take a beatin...ill go beat on the 84 and this way i beat less on the zr-1...lol hell my zr-1 has 60k on her!!! some day in a few more years the 84 will be an antique and maybe then ill get more for her tilll then I have fun and use her as the "BEATER" VETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! btw the beater still needs carpeting and new seat covering to be totaly done!!! :cheers: :cheers: I say keep her--beat her and enjoy her...wtf u worked so hard u deserve to roast those tires for a few years b4 u sell her!!!!!!!!!!!! :handshak:

http://corvettemechanic.com/board/uploads/post-2-1131317683.jpg

cuisinartvette
11-22-2005, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, trying to work out an arrangement with a friend to drag the car out and put it together in this guys backyard this winter. If he can at least get paint on it. That car was a blast to drive, and with this new motor I can hardly imagine what close to 500 rwhp would feel like. I'm hangin on...

Patton
11-22-2005, 12:55 PM
I say keep her--beat her and enjoy her...

Jesus this is a family website for christ sakes! [-X

LeoLily
11-23-2005, 08:27 PM
Do you have any idea how hard it is to find an El Camino in good condition??? This is my husband's dream vehicle (besides the ZR-1, of course). If we had the money I'd buy it in a heartbeat. BUT!!! It sounds like just a little more patience and the whole thing will pay off for you. Keep her and love her (beating is just NOT NICE!).

Lily
'90 ZR-1 turqouise/black #2468

cuisinartvette
11-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Thanks, Lily! :cheers: