PDA

View Full Version : Bypass Ignition's resistor chip??

Anonymous
12-13-2003, 09:44 PM
Need to know how to eliminating or bypassing resistor switch for ignition key,if not how hard is it for a common person to instaled a new switch and key lock. It is for a 1992 ZR-1 of course_______

Joseph92 Black ZR-1 #66 CorsaOpen lidK&N Filter

Anonymous
12-13-2003, 09:44 PM
There is a two conector cable, I believe with orange covering coming out of the steering column. Unplug it and after measuring resistance of the pellet in the key, put a resistor across the two pins. To replace the lock (its available from GM for about $25) you have to disassemble the top of the column. It's easier if you use the tool for compressing the wheel lock mechanism. DO NOT SHORT THE YELLOW WIRED CONECTOR, its for the airbag.

Anonymous
12-13-2003, 09:45 PM
phxfrd:thank you for the info.

Anonymous
12-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Quote: from phxfrd on 9:52 pm on Oct. 29, 2002[br]There is a two conector cable, I believe with orange covering coming out of the steering column. Unplug it and after measuring resistance of the pellet in the key, put a resistor across the two pins. To replace the lock (its available from GM for about $25) you have to disassemble the top of the column. It's easier if you use the tool for compressing the wheel lock mechanism. DO NOT SHORT THE YELLOW WIRED CONECTOR, its for the airbag.[/quote]went one step further and bought the resistor size at Radioshack $.99 for 5 aqnd instaled at the conections where you told me and work OK lets see if this cure my non starting problem once in a while.thanks again