PDA

View Full Version : Great time for the FBI last night!

Paul Workman
01-16-2010, 12:13 PM
For members of the FBI that couldn't make it, ya missed a good un!

Pizza n ZR-1s on the menu and some BSn as well. Bob G :worship: was not only making the pizza, but holding a clinic on rotating mass as it relates to acceleration of the mass of (our) cars. And, as it happened, "Harley Bob" (aka Bob HDZ) had a shiny new Fidanza flywheel there (been teasing me with it for some time). I grabbed it - figure (from what "Pizza Bob" (aka Bob G) told us) I couldn't go wrong. AND, next project (gotta get mine runnin again first) is a "4.10" gear to go with my porting work...It just never ends!:dancing

Kevin wasn't there, but some of us got a peek at his freshly arrived 441 short block. The "FBI" is definitely bulking up to reign terror on the unsuspecting!:dancing And, ya gotta see Dom's new bling (wheels to appreciate how good they look...And, they dooo look good, Dom!

Speaking of wheels, the topic of "best" tires for the track was tossed about. I believe the gist of it was the BFG Drag Radial and possibly the Nitos (sp?) were a consideration for street/strip use, and of course the Hoosiers for more dedicated track rubber.

I'm always humbled by the amount of talent and experience present at these FBI get togethers. The stuff one could learn at each of these meetings would easily fill an addition of "Heart of the Beast". Hope we can do another soon.:thumbsup: Hope some of y'all w/in driving distance can come join us!

P.

XfireZ51
01-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Paul,

Thanks. Yeah we had fun watching Jeff slurp down another Hillbilly pizza from Bob G. BobHDZ and myself headed down 53. Its a really cool site to see a couple of ZR-1s heading down a fairly open road at night. Those wide tails really look good.
After I left Bob on 53, I headed west on Elgin O'hare where I "encountered" a Porsche Turbo. Pretty sure it was a 930. Oh well. I pulled up next to him and decided to give it a go. HOLY CRAP! All I heard was the turbos spooling up and then the thing looked like it was shot out of a cannon. :jawdrop: I could see flames shooting out of the exhaust as he went into decel. We finally got an opportunity to talk while sitting at a light. Nice guy and he was very complimentary of my car. He said it was very pretty and that you sure don't see many of those around. I told him he had a pretty fast car and asked what was in it. He said it was pretty well worked over and included methanol injection.
Would be interesting to see what a 427 LT-5 or even Pete's car would do with something like that.
Fun night. :thumbsup:

BOB HDZ
01-17-2010, 09:30 AM
DOM YOUR 325 LOOK GREAT GOING DOWN THE ROAD!!! RAN OUT OF DOT 3 THAT NIGHT. WAS LIKE OLD TIME WHEN I USED TO BREAK CLUTCH CABLE ON THE HD

XfireZ51
01-17-2010, 10:45 AM
DOM YOUR 325 LOOK GREAT GOING DOWN THE ROAD!!! RAN OUT OF DOT 3 THAT NIGHT. WAS LIKE OLD TIME WHEN I USED TO BREAK CLUTCH CABLE ON THE HD

Bob,

Sounds like you might have a leaky master. Is your carpeting wet?
Also, replace the DOT 3 with the Synth DOT 4. I did that as part of my fluid exchange after watching Ranger's video on clean clutch fluid. It worked for me.
Thanks on the wheels. Be cool to have a pic of running downt he road like that. But more than the look of the wheels, I'm really getting impressed by the handling.

QB93Z
01-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Sounds like a great time was had by all. :dancing

Nice write-up Paul. :thumbsup:

Jim

Pete
01-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey just saw this.

Yeah,it seems the more we do this pizza thing the fun/better it gets everytime.

I'm just sorry i missed the race,i would've love to run that Porche.
I could've made Porche soup :)

Pete

XfireZ51
01-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Hey just saw this.

Yeah,it seems the more we do this pizza thing the fun/better it gets everytime.

I'm just sorry i missed the race,i would've love to run that Porche.
I could've made Porche soup :)

Pete

Would have loved to have seen that! :mrgreen::dancing:worship: