PDA

View Full Version : Florida Panhandle ZR-1s

Demps
01-01-2010, 03:42 PM
See if we can get coordinated here. I know there are a few that post. Another guy just joined a poll in the General section. Calling Snake Skinner, SHorton, Jim Nolan... Any one else. Interested in a maintenance day? Someone has a new shifter to install...I'm there to help. Someone else is debating headers...same. Someone may could use a secondaries check...ditto. I have a buddy with an LPE '94 that doesn't post. Ted

HIZNHRZ
01-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Ted,

I hope your efforts to set up a maintenance day in the Florida Panhandle works out. I've been part of the ZR-1 community for over 10 years. I believe that what Jim Voter and Dave Johnson have done with the maintenance days up here in Maryland / Virginia, along with the NetRegistry, has been the single most beneficial change / improvement in ZR-1 ownership that I've experienced. The shared knowledge of our group is outstanding. Again, I wish you luck in establishing a similiar knowledge base and owner experience in Florida.

Best Wishes in the New Year,
Scott

Demps
01-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks Scott. Y'all's model, the FBI in Chicago, and San Antonio/east Texas area guys are the last great frontiers left for the ZR-1. The PNW is very spread out but had some fun too. Sounds like Hans is trying the SoCal thing. Now it's time in FL.

I can/have done most simple things on the cars and can help. It's funny how reluctant and/or tough it is to get folks together. I think you might be hearing from us in the near future. There are some great cars around here.

Ted

VetteMed
01-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Not in the panhandle, but I'm in Alachua (Gainesville)... just checking in! :cheers:

QB93Z
01-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Great idea Ted. Good luck. Be patient. It takes time.

BTW, I am planning a ZR-1 Orlando Road Trip (ZORT) for the first part of August, 2010. Several NE guys have said they will join me and we will be trying to hook up with as many GA and FL ZR-1 owners as we can. More info to follow. It would be great to add a Panhandle visit to the agenda.

Jim

WB9MCW
01-02-2010, 10:44 AM
gOOD LUCK ON THE GROUP DEMPS

SnakeSkinner
01-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Demps,
Got the PM. Count me in! The shifter just came in today! :dancing You have my number, give me a shout or post here when you're ready.
cheers.

Demps
01-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Demps,
Got the PM. Count me in! The shifter just came in today! :dancing You have my number, give me a shout or post here when you're ready.
cheers.
Ready when you are. Ted

Demps
01-03-2010, 09:12 PM
VetteMed, you need to find your way over some time. We have a few ZR-1s here.

Had a mini-mx day today. Put in a Hurst shifter for SnakeSkinner.

Another buddy stopped by with one of the nicest '95s around! But...he drove his truck...on a clear sun-shinny day...and won't let me see the '95 because...?

Ted

QB93Z
01-03-2010, 09:19 PM
...and won't let me see the '95 because...?

.:dontknow:....because you would want to add it to your '95 collection?????

Jim

VetteMed
01-03-2010, 09:28 PM
VetteMed, you need to find your way over some time. We have a few ZR-1s here.

Had a mini-mx day today. Put in a Hurst shifter for SnakeSkinner.

Another buddy stopped by with one of the nicest '95s around! But...he drove his truck...on a clear sun-shinny day...and won't let me see the '95 because...?

Ted

Well, give me a shout the next time you guys are doing something! :cheers:

SnakeSkinner
01-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Props to Demps!! Having his expertise and lift really made the shifter install go much quicker! Couldn't have done it without him. Love my new shifter! :dancing While we were at it, fixed a few other minor things as well.

95ZR1
01-06-2010, 11:41 AM
I'd love to see more Florida get-togethers. Damn, the panhandle is a long way from here! :(

WB9MCW
01-06-2010, 09:50 PM
YOU NEED TO START A SOUTH FLORIDA GROUP

secondchance
01-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Ted,

I hope your efforts to set up a maintenance day in the Florida Panhandle works out. I've been part of the ZR-1 community for over 10 years. I believe that what Jim Voter and Dave Johnson have done with the maintenance days up here in Maryland / Virginia, along with the NetRegistry, has been the single most beneficial change / improvement in ZR-1 ownership that I've experienced. The shared knowledge of our group is outstanding. Again, I wish you luck in establishing a similiar knowledge base and owner experience in Florida.

Best Wishes in the New Year,
Scott

Ditto!!!:cheers: