PDA

View Full Version : SOCAL ZRONERS check in

RedRiderZR1
12-27-2009, 05:09 AM
I have an idea. I think it would be fun to get a meet of local ZR-1s together. And since this is not a well traveled part of the forum, I thought maybe if people that wanted to get a meet together put their email address in here, I can send an email when people have responded to get a meet together. Could just also send an email out to have people look in this section when there is some info on a meet (updates). Also post up info for a meet location and cruise. A cruise of ZR-1s would be awesome. Maybe a PCH cruise. Just throwing an idea out there. I know of one that I see every month at the Orange meet I go to.

I will start...
sieversg@roadrunner.com

Ccmano
12-27-2009, 10:28 AM
I just moved here and am also in N. OC (Orange Hlls). I came from a very active group in Chicago. I had the very same idea. We would do pizza nights, breakfast runs, dragstrip meets and just hang to exchange info, help each other and of course just shoot the sh!t. Nothing formal, it was allot of fun.

So I'm ready anytime. I'm semi retired so I'm even willing to do some of the organizing. This coming week might be a good time to do something as many have at least a day or two off over New Years.

Count me in.

Hans
ccmano54@gmail.com

PS.. RedRiderZR-1 you may want to post this in the general section and over on CF. Many don't look at this local section.

ZRXMAX
12-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Count me in. We have a number of locations out this way to drive to that offer twisty tarmac on the way there. Polamar MT, Idyllwild, and Palm Springs are doable if you want to make an all day drive out of it. The Lookout restaurant above Lake Elsinore on Highway 74 has a great view, breaksfast and lunch menu.
zrxmax@aol.com

XfireZ51
12-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Hans,

Ask ZRMax how he gets away with Watson's on his LT-5 in SoCal. :confused:

Ccmano
12-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Hans,

Ask ZRMax how he gets away with Watson's on his LT-5 in SoCal. :confused:

I already know the answer to that question. We've been PM'ing, he promised to hook me up.:dancing
H
:cheers:

RedRiderZR1
12-27-2009, 06:15 PM
I just moved here and am also in N. OC (Orange Hlls). I came from a very active group in Chicago. I had the very same idea. We would do pizza nights, breakfast runs, dragstrip meets and just hang to exchange info, help each other and of course just shoot the sh!t. Nothing formal, it was allot of fun.

So I'm ready anytime. I'm semi retired so I'm even willing to do some of the organizing. This coming week might be a good time to do something as many have at least a day or two off over New Years.

Count me in.

Hans
ccamn54@gmail.com (ccmano54@gmail.com)

PS.. RedRiderZR-1 you may want to post this in the general section and over on CF. Many don't look at this local section.

CCMANO: This is kind of my idea here. To see if there is interest and get some meets together. And I will also post in General here as well as on the CF to get more action.

ZRXMAX: Says you are in Sun City. Did you change your screen name? I met someone from Sun City that had a Charcoal 90 ZR-1 for sale at the Pomona swap meet once. If I recall correctly his name was Ted. Is this you?

Great start so far on getting something together.

XfireZ51
12-27-2009, 06:17 PM
I already know the answer to that question. We've been PM'ing, he promised to hook me up.:dancing
H

So you won't be needing my stock manifolds then? :thumbsup::sign10:

ZZZZZR1
12-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Wish I lived in the area.....

Somebody post up on the listserve, many of the SOCAL guys don't check out the forum.

Please post up pictures!

David

RedRiderZR1
12-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Wish I lived in the area.....

Somebody post up on the listserve, many of the SOCAL guys don't check out the forum.

Please post up pictures!

David

Good to know. Thanks. Now then, How to post on the listserv. Have not been on there in a Loooooooonnnnngg time.

ZZZZZR1
12-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Good to know. Thanks. Now then, How to post on the listserv. Have not been on there in a Loooooooonnnnngg time.

If nobody in SOCAL posts, I'd be happy to post up the link to this.

:thumbsup:

David

RedRiderZR1
12-27-2009, 08:02 PM
If nobody in SOCAL posts, I'd be happy to post up the link to this.

:thumbsup:

David

Thanks. :thumbsup:

RKC
12-27-2009, 08:47 PM
I'll give it a try if the time and location work out. I'm in southern Orange County, so a PCH cruise sounds good.

bdw18_123
12-27-2009, 09:50 PM
I live in Central Cali, not SoCal, but I'd love to join in once I get my Z back together and running. Since I'm farther away, I probably wouldn't be able to go to every single event, but could make it to the more major runs and meets.

ZRXMAX
12-27-2009, 11:56 PM
ZRXMAX: Says you are in Sun City. Did you change your screen name? I met someone from Sun City that had a Charcoal 90 ZR-1 for sale at the Pomona swap meet once. If I recall correctly his name was Ted. Is this you?

Yes Greg, that was me at Pomona back in 2003 with the charcoal 90.

Yes Greg, your memory is still intact ! :p

Yes, the screen name is different because the vehicles changed, I sold the V Max a long time ago.

[/QUOTE]Great start so far on getting something together.[/QUOTE]

We could start out with Coffee and Cars on a Saturday morning in Irvine statrting at 6 am. The cars start leaving around 9 am or so. Bring a camera if you like taking pictures of cars.

TFENT
12-28-2009, 09:54 AM
I am in San Diego and am up for a get together :)

tom@tfent.com

Horrido
12-28-2009, 01:08 PM
I am in Southern California, Simi Valley. Since I am retired...anytime up for a getogether.

Marshall Vernon
1991 Blk/Blk, corsa, 3:73 rear-end:dancing

XfireZ51
12-28-2009, 01:25 PM
I am in Southern California, Simi Valley. Since I am retired...anytime up for a getogether.

Marshall Vernon
1991 Blk/Blk, corsa, 3:73 rear-end:dancing

Marshall,

How do you like the 3.73s v 3.45s?

tf95ZR1
12-28-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm in Northridge, I'd be interested.

Another Ted with a totally stock, smog passed ZR-1.
I aways obey ALL laws, never gone over the speed limit.
;)

RedRiderZR1
12-30-2009, 02:44 AM
Great response. Have 9 replies. Any more ??? :cheers: Working out a plan. This will be fun.

Ccmano
12-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Great response. Have 9 replies. Any more ??? Working out a plan. This will be fun.

Greg, let me know if you need any help... I'm available almost anytime.
Hans

Corvettes White
12-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Would you guys let me tag along as an associate member? Always lurking here since I got the crazy idea to build an ‘89 convertible ZR-1 a few years back. I now have ALL the parts needed in boxes - will that count?

Thanks, George George@Borm.com (George@Borm.com)

ZRXMAX
01-01-2010, 05:23 AM
Well George, it seems you went to the dark side years ago... Of course your parts count ! :handshak:
Ted

zr1don
01-01-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm in!!! I live near Ted and we talk and get together occasionally. Would really enjoy gettiung together with fellow ZR1'ers and swap stories.

Corvettes White
01-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Thank Ted for the invite. And answering your private email, “Yes” we met at the Peterson Museum a number of years ago. For those who have never been there it is a great place, not just a place to see cars but to see the evolving relationship between cars and society.

George

Ccmano
01-04-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm ready.....:hello: how about we do just a little GTG on Saturday or Sunday, maybe just meet at a central location, have lunch and shoot the sh!t...?
Sorry Greg... I'm a very impatient person.
H

TFENT
01-04-2010, 08:09 PM
When?? When?? When?????

RedRiderZR1
01-05-2010, 03:31 AM
I'm ready.....:hello: how about we do just a little GTG on Saturday or Sunday, maybe just meet at a central location, have lunch and shoot the sh!t...?
Sorry Greg... I'm a very impatient person.
H

Its fine. Been gone over the weekend so I have been busy. If you want to get something together for this weekend, Go for it. Not sure if I can for sure. Busy saturday maybe sunday. Nice to see the amount of interest in some meets. Put something together and start us off. :cheers:

I see a beach cruise soon. :mrgreen:

Ccmano
01-05-2010, 08:15 PM
OK... how about this. :dancing

Just a simple lunch GTG this coming Sunday, Jan. 10th.

Since we've seen responses from ZRoners from all over the Southland it seems to me Orange County is central to folks from San Diego to Riverside to LA and points north.

I propose BJ's Pizzaria and Restaurant on Jamboree in Irvine just off the I-5 (east of the freeway) It's in the "Market Place" center, right on the corner of Jambree and Irvine roads. Lot's of parking and the food is good.

Meet in the parking lot at 10:30am, talk, look at cars and eat by noonish.

Who's in? :hello:

We can talk about doing more of a drive (run) thing while we are there.
H

capn
05-22-2014, 11:49 AM
For anyone interested, there's a free car clinic, free lunch, and prize giveaways this Saturday in Van Nuys, details are here (http://eurotopian.com/thread/699/free-clinic-lunch-24th-saturday)