PDA

View Full Version : So a Challenger SRT8 wanted to play tonight

32valvZ
11-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Just sitting at a light at the end of the city limits, getting ready to drive into the night coming home from the last drive n dine of 2009. Two of my vette buddies sitting behind me one a Z06 and the other a C5 coupe. Were all in the right lane in a line. Left lane was open, I was the lead car. It was as ideal a situation as possible considering we werent a a drag strip......

So here comes a silver and black Challenger pulls up on my left. Light is red, but he keeps inching up and inching up until dead even with me. I just knew he wanted to try to beat me to where the two lanes merge into one...which is about 1/2 mile.

Light turns green and we both bury the pedal. He got a little jump on me, but the mighty Z caught him in a flash....banged second at around 7k, I was getting by him, by the time I hit third his front end was even with my rear tire, the top of third came along and his headlights were in my mirror.

I looked in my rear iew again and he was spanked! Man ,the Z was perfect! I was so proud of my almost 18 year old beast! My wife was with me and she loved it too. She was like, damn, this car really is fast huh? I suspect the driver of th SRT8 was thiking the same thing.
:dancing

1990 415
11-30-2009, 02:11 AM
So did your friend in the Z06 stay on your tail and also beat the Challenger to where the 2 lanes merge into 1?

rhipsher
11-30-2009, 09:12 AM
My buddy just bought a 2009 6.1 Hemi challenger 425hp. He let me drive it. Nice car. Next I let him drive my Z and he just put his head down and shook it. He said dude, your Z just kicks my cars azz. The challenger is just to heavy.

32valvZ
11-30-2009, 09:34 AM
So did your friend in the Z06 stay on your tail and also beat the Challenger to where the 2 lanes merge into 1?

Nahh, he just watched. I talked to him on the phone and he said he was proud that I didnt let a "Dodge" whip me. The Challenger also tried to taunt him into racing, but he didnt give in. He's in his upper 60's and actually had his fill of drag racing. In his younger years, he's set many track records here in Colorado and a few in some other states around the country.

On a side note, do you remember me from BG 2008? You, Dwight, Jeff, Kieth and myself had dinner at that steak place next to the UP...I'm John

1990 415
12-01-2009, 01:42 AM
Were you the guy hitting on all the waitresses? That was a great dinner. Laughed my azz off. Hope you will be in BG this May. I will have the 415 there again.

32valvZ
12-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Were you the guy hitting on all the waitresses?

I think you may have me mixed up with Jeff....:mrgreen:

djpatrick35
12-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I've got an SRT Challenger. She's a great cruiser but good god is she HEAVY! I thought my old Z was heavy before but the SRT is in a class of its own when it comes to porkiness.