PDA

View Full Version : I survived Wilma

Z Factor
10-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Well guys, I managed to survive and so did the ZR-1. I have not responded to your PM's or been on the forum because I am without power, phone, water, etc.
I drove 40 miles to a friends house just to get a hot meal, shower, charge up a few essentials like the Cel Phone, and hop on the forum real quick to say hi. Much of the tri-country along with the Keys are recovering, so few have any utilities. I have tons of work to do on my house alone since I lost part of the roof, the pools screen enclosure, 90% of my wood fence around the house, etc. Cutting up trees in my yard and my neighbors will take some time as well, but at least the weather is nice outside.

I will answer your PM's and be on the forum as soon as I get the power back at home and I have exhausted all my strength during the day.

:cheers:

sledutah
10-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Glad to hear you made it through OK. :thumbsup:

bobbyhi
10-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Glad you're safe. The material things can be fixed or replaced. Welcome back.....:dancing

ffvetteman
10-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Glad you are safe!!! Sounds like you got some clean up, best of luck with that! Wish I could help, but its a long drive.

Also glad to hear the Z survived. I always wonder how many z's or classic/muscle cars are lost during events like that.

A1990
10-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Glad you're okay too! Don't forget to take a couple blasts in the Z to relieve stress!!

Patton
10-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Jesus, I thought I had a rough weekend... I am VERY glad to hear you and yours are fine. I will include you and your family in my prayers. Good luck and Godspeed Jim!

We Gone
10-27-2005, 07:31 AM
:cheers: Good to hear all is well...well almost, at least you made it thru ok..Good luck on the clean-up.

tomtom72
10-27-2005, 07:52 AM
:thumbsup: Jim! Glad to hear you & yours came thru Wilma okay! Hope that the clean up goes well for all down in Fla.

My folks have a place in Jupitar & they were out of comms till yesterday. I was glad to hear from them and I'm glad to hear you're okay too!

Take care!

Tom

cuisinartvette
10-27-2005, 09:19 AM
Best of luck on getting your life put back together, I can only imagine what it would be like to experience something like that! Good to hear your'e Ok, keep us posted! :hello:

yellowz
10-27-2005, 09:52 AM
hey jim glad to see you are safe i remember the late doug johnson lost his car ina hurricane,hey if ya can make it a zr1 weeknd im sure we can get there to help ya clean and get ready for south georgia corvette at same time.again im glad you,family and the car is safe:wave:

Z Factor
10-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words. :handshak:

I do take stock in how lucky I am compared with others despite the damage. The people in New Orleans, our troops overseas, the people in Pakistan/India all have it a lot worse than we do so I give thanks for what I have.

Things will be crazy down here for a little while since such a large area has been affected. Without power, the area is running out of fuel since there is no way to pump it unless the station is an old style place that does not need electricity. The few gas stations in town that have generators are trying their best, but so many people are coming for fuel that the police have had to shut them down in some cases because fights are breaking out. Of course with no gas people cannot run their portable generators so they start to lose perspective and think the world is coming to an end.

I have been through many hurricanes before so I had every car filled up prior to Wilma hitting as well as plenty of food and water. I am dead tired, but it is a good tried since so much is getting accomplished with everyone pulling together. I have answered a few PM's and will do so again now with the little time I have on my friends computer. I'll be back once I get another chance.

JIM

zr1mom
10-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Glad to hear you're ok Jim! :handshak:

blackjack
10-31-2005, 01:16 PM
hey,jim
glad youre safe..take your time,and do the urgent first...
hope wilma didnt blow away my money order!! ;)

blackjack (shellack)

Z Factor
11-02-2005, 02:23 AM
hey,jim
glad youre safe..take your time,and do the urgent first...
hope wilma didnt blow away my money order!! ;)

blackjack (shellack)

Thanks for the thought, and very funny on the MO comment...NOT :mrgreen:

It actually would have been cheaper for me to replace all the MO's rather than the expense I will have to fix all the damage. My windstorm deductible alone in about $5,000, and many of my losses are not even covered. I am hoping FEMA might cover some, but I doubt it.

Anyway, your MO arrived safe and sound today. :thumbsup:

WB9MCW
11-02-2005, 05:13 AM
Glad to hear the news ur ok and the car too. My mom's condo on Marco did well. Hope 95zr1 on Marco did ok too..sent him a pm of this post so maybe we will hear from him soon!!! Gud luck with all the repairs Jim and again glad to see no major issues cept $$$ ones!!!

Z Factor
11-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Thanks Dave, Jack, and Bryan. :cheers:

I just got my power back so no more trips to the store for ice to keep the beer cold. :thumbsup:

sledutah
11-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks Dave, Jack, and Bryan. :cheers:

I just got my power back so no more trips to the store for ice to keep the beer cold. :thumbsup:

Those are my kind of priorities :cheers::cheers:

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal :thumbsup:

95ZR1
11-02-2005, 09:53 PM
We're fine here on Marco Island. We moved the Vettes inland when the experts told us we would get a 12 - 16 ft storm surge. The water came up about 2 feet and never even went over our sea wall. The pool cage is hurtin' for certain, but the house has no damage other than a few loose tiles on the roof. We lost power for a couple of days but it got so cool out you didn't even need the air conditioning. Mostly alot of tree damage. Branches piled up along the roads all over the island right now. Anyone in the pool cage business doesn't have to worry about going hungry for a long time!

tomtom72
11-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Hi, I'm glad that everything is getting back to normal for you down there! Thank God you were safe thru the storm! :thumbsup:

:handshak:
Tom

Jim Jones
11-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Glad to hear that everyone down there pulled through okay. It certainly has been a bad year for hurricanes.

Jim

WB9MCW
11-03-2005, 05:25 PM
glad to hear all ok cept the pool cage there 95zr-1. My mom leaves nov 15th 4 Marco, no visit 4 me this year since I am starting a new carrer ect. but there is always next year!!! Mom's place was all ok too!!!