PDA

View Full Version : Tuner/LT5 Shops .... now that JVD left BG

Wild and Blue
11-09-2009, 09:13 AM
I know there are a few more ZR-1's around me here in TN. I never even considered anyone besides AutoMasters and JVD-when they were only an hour away. :-(**|= Now I have to consider where I would take mine if needed since California has taken Jim away.
South Ga. Corvette is ~500 miles from me and Haibeck is ~500 mi. in the opposite direction, are these the only choices I have besides a trip to Cali? Surely, there is someone closer with a good rep. :dontknow:
Any recommendations, any "stay away froms" ........... minor stuff I can do but it is nice knowing where to go if I decide something is beyond my ability.

QB93Z
11-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Good question! Knowing that there is a ZR-1 capable mechanic/shop in a reasonable distance in case a problem comes up is worth a lot for peace of mind.

Up here in the Baltimore - Washington DC area, we have gotten a bunch of ZR-1 owners together and with our combined knowledge, have been able to do some of the repair items and mods ourselves.

Where in TN are you? I just drove through there last week.

If you need help making contact with other TN area owners, I will be glad to help.

By the way, what color is your ZR-1?

Jim

Wild and Blue
11-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Good question! Knowing that there is a ZR-1 capable mechanic/shop in a reasonable distance in case a problem comes up is worth a lot for peace of mind.

Up here in the Baltimore - Washington DC area, we have gotten a bunch of ZR-1 owners together and with our combined knowledge, have been able to do some of the repair items and mods ourselves.

Where in TN are you? I just drove through there last week.

If you need help making contact with other TN area owners, I will be glad to help.

By the way, what color is your ZR-1?

Jim

'93 BK/BK #204
located around 90 miles from Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga and ~9 miles North of Cookeville.

I have spoken w/ a few ZR-1 guys around me, though not much. I just wondered if there was any one even close in knowlege to JVD still in the area whose business was automotive. I don't have any problem w/ the car right now and have no expectations of trouble.... Hopefully I never have an issue needing heavy duty help .... but like you said, just the peace of mind of knowing a trustable LT5 person. At first I think some of the guys from Automasters were staying but I think even they decided to leave (not sure on that though).

Not that it matters...but I assume you ask about the color because of my screen name. Steel Blue was the first ZR I wanted...that was when there was ~8-10k difference between 92 down and 93 up. Thanks to some forum members, they turned me on to a screaming deal on the 93 .... so I moved on up but never changed the screen name, I like it and who knows....with prices like they are, a Steel Blue might join the Black one someday. I would not let go of mine but two would be fine by me, lol. Maybe more than you might have wanted to know but you got it anyway

Aurora40
11-09-2009, 06:12 PM
SGC might be sorta near you? Probably not as close as BG, but most of us don't have a trusted shop that close!

QB93Z
11-09-2009, 06:21 PM
'93 BK/BK #204
Not that it matters...but I assume you ask about the color because of my screen name. Steel Blue was the first ZR I wanted...that was when there was ~8-10k difference between 92 down and 93 up. Thanks to some forum members, they turned me on to a screaming deal on the 93 .... so I moved on up but never changed the screen name, I like it and who knows....with prices like they are, a Steel Blue might join the Black one someday. I would not let go of mine but two would be fine by me, lol. Maybe more than you might have wanted to know but you got it anyway

I keep track of the quasar blue ZR-1's. The steel blue is a nice color. I can see why you want one.

Jim

A26B
11-24-2009, 10:24 AM
I have a LT5 gasket customer in Chatanooga. You might give him a call and see what you think.

Professional Auto
Joe Phillips
3870 Hixon Pike
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37415
United States

Telephone Number: 423-875-2863

QB93Z
11-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks Jerry.

XfireZ51
11-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Didn't I just read that Van Dorn is staying in BG. The Cali move has been put off I believe. :confused:

QB93Z
11-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Didn't I just read that Van Dorn is staying in BG. The Cali move has been put off I believe. :confused:

That is what he posted on the forum.

Jim

Wild and Blue
11-25-2009, 12:05 AM
I have a LT5 gasket customer in Chatanooga. You might give him a call and see what you think.

Professional Auto

Good to know, thanks. :cheers:

I checked out the AutoMasters page, and you are right.

DMark
11-26-2009, 10:22 AM
.... I have spoken w/ a few ZR-1 guys around me, though not much....
Hey Wild and Blue,

Agree that keeping JVD in BG will be good for us. My Red 91 has done 382 RWHP since his P&P.

I'm just east of Nashville in Wilson County. I know of four Brothers of the Beast in the Nashville area. If you ever get to the cruise-ins on Friday night in Murfreesboro you will most likely meet a couple of us.

I'll be passing your way either Friday or Saturday on a run to slay the Dragon (HWY 129). Several of us Vette owners from the area will be heading that way. Follow the link below to see what we are up to.

http://www.dixievettes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=761

Later,

vandornjim
11-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Hey Wild and Blue,

Agree that keeping JVD in BG will be good for us. My Red 91 has done 382 RWHP since his P&P.

Hey Gang,
Just to hit the refresh button here, they kidnapped my beagle and won't let me go back to the land of fruits and nuts, so we're staying!
Thanks for the ton of support.
Also, we'll be making a trip back to pick up some cars in a week or two so if anybody needs anything, let me know.