PDA

View Full Version : Hot Start Sputtering

Anonymous
12-13-2003, 09:40 PM
My 91 ZR1 has always been a great cold starter. On a cold start the cars runs flawlessly no problems. But it would seem that everytime I start it after the engine has warmed up it struggles. On a hot start normally after about 30 seconds to 1 minute of running time..it sputters and has a tremendous lose of power, sometime resulting in a stall. It would appear that it may be cycling though "something" because if given some throttle it will struggle through the cycle..then all is well and she purrs like a kitten. Any help would be greatly appreciated..!!Thank You

Anonymous
12-13-2003, 09:40 PM
I have a similar problem with my '92. I have 2 d-codes: 31 & 64? 31 indicates a cam sensor and 64 a lean fuel reading on the right bank O2 sensor.I was told the problem with the cam sensor code is you don't really know if it's the sensor or something else in the circuit. That I could replace the sensor, but may not solve the problem and that a wait-and-see attitude may be in order. I can't stand it... plus I think it's getting worse.So, I'm thinking of goint ahead and replacing the cam sensor.If anyone has any other thoughts, I'd love to hear them.And Ratz, if you've come up with some other info/fixes, please send them my way.

Anonymous
12-13-2003, 09:41 PM
Most likely your 02 sensor is bad, it will run good cold since at first it is a open loop untill the car is warmed up and reach an certain temperature then goes on a close loop.and this most likely is what give you that problem, JMO

Anonymous
12-13-2003, 09:41 PM
Try to put a fuel pressure guage on it , See if the pressure blead's out of the fuel rail after the car is shut off. While your there check running and WOT pressure too.

Anonymous
12-13-2003, 09:42 PM
Rat :Did you ever found out what was the cause of that problem?

Anonymous
12-13-2003, 09:42 PM
I have yet to have time to look into my sputtering problem..However...I will be doing some code testing and then take it from there..I'll keep you posted...!!Thank You..!!Ratz Azzz